Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Forced Counselling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK I'll admit something quite traumatic happened last night and its something not many people ever experiance but I did. I know I am still in shock from it all as I haven't stopped since the incident but when I went into college today I thought I had best explain to my senior tutor why I might be a bit distant. I was then made to see college counsellor for an hour! I am so annoyed as blatantly I am fine or I wouldn't go into college and I'm coping just fine on my own. After shock subsides if I am not OK I will seek help but until then I don't like being forced into stuff.

Comments?

Comments

• Options
    You had the option to say "naff off", they didnt like handcuff you to go there did they ?
    Obviously whatever happened you were not ok because you needed to tell someone what happened ?
    Im just thinking now you have talked about it to someone are you feeling like you wish you hadnt ?
    At the end of the day nobody can force it onto you.
    Hope your ok :)
  • Options
    Maybe it's for the best? I mean, maybe it's not, but talking to someone, for me, always helps. I mean, the biggest piece of evidence for this is me, quite simply. I used to be a messed up boy, then i made my confessions thread - it was the first step. Now I'm relatively normal, even getting over my social thingys even which I've had all my life.

Anyway, hope you're ok, and if you don't want counselling just tell them, but perhaps they were doing it in your best interest and they think that talking to someone will be best for you?
  • Options
    I really didn't have the option I wasn't allowed to start my day of college until I'd "had a talk" with the counsellor. I don't need a counsellor I can handle everything much better on my own I barely spoke I don't want some stranger poking around in my head.
  • Options
    to be honest, if you don't want counselling, then i highly doubt it'll help. it'll just piss you off.

if you think you can handle it on your own, then go for it.

just be aware that there are people you can ask for help if you need it.
  • Options
    I really can't see how talking to anyone is going to help.
  • Options
    I think the collage were just concerned about you and like think that everyone that has experianced something bad must see a counsellor. I think its in there training thing, maybe thy just dont want to get sued! lol I'm sure if they do it again you can just resist and say your fine blah blah blah etc.
    iz
  • Options
    They can't force you to take councilling, well i thought they cant and they cant stop you from studying at college unless it has affected your school work..
  • Options
    I was put under pressure I didn't like it one bit I properly annoyed.
  • Options
    If you dont want counselling, or youre not ready for counsilling then by making you have it - it could seriosuly fuck you up. Conselling has to be considered very carefully its not something you should take on lightly, and by him forcing you to see a counsellor hes being, in my opinion, irrisponsible.

I was forced to have counselling or they said the wouldnt let me out of hospital. fucked me up at first and i had to quit it. It only worked when i went back of my own accord, when i was ready.
  • Options
    actaully it was a her that forced me, its got me very pissed off.