Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Brixton Academy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
OK..i love going to gigs and quite a few bands i wanna see (again-distillers, FFAF, Placebo) are playing at brixton in the new year however our parents wont let us go to brixton! anyone been to gigs there? i mean it cant be THAT bad. help!:(
xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    brixton is fine, i went to see avril there march. trust me u leave the station and within 5 mins ur at the academy. its made out to be really bad but its not.
  • Options
    im gona get tickets 4placebo, its only a 5 minswalk frm station,went for electric 6, it jus as dangerous as newhere else(jus walk fast avoiding eye contact lol)
  • Options
    oh and tell your rents, that because you'll be in a big crowd of people going towards the academy, there'll be no chance of you being in any danger
  • Options
    Re: Brixton Academy
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    OK..i love going to gigs and quite a few bands i wanna see (again-distillers, FFAF, Placebo) are playing at brixton in the new year however our parents wont let us go to brixton! anyone been to gigs there? i mean it cant be THAT bad. help!:(
    xxx

My mum wouldn't let me go and see The Darkness purely because they were playing at Brixton Academy. But she would have had to come with me anyway so what was the problem? I sooooooooooo wanted to see them as well :(
  • Options
    Tell ya folks that the venues changed, tell them it's at astoria thats a nice little place in the centre of town. But watch out for the last train home, if your going home north of london, the tube takes ages!

Bopz

King Prawn gig 2morrow! woooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Just one more little ting. It's on a monday so I will have to spend a long weekend and go back to wales on the tue night, damn. Nevermind! :)

Bopz
  • Options
    Theres nothing wrong with Brixton Academy ~ or Brixton for that matter. Theres much worse parts of London i dont get why parents in particular are so scared. As long as youre not walking through the estates youre absolutley fine! People in Brixton dont target people going to the Academy too much, theyre more concered with fighting with people from surrounding towns for being on 'their turf' :rolleyes:

I agree tell her its at Astoria... not that i condone lying to your parents :D:p
  • Options
    yeh ive been to the astoria twice and the mean fiddler twice and the garage once and the hammersmith apollo once and wembley and we ALWAYS get the 23.21 train home so i dont know what their problem is. we've had no probs whatsoever. i think ill beg:D thanks people
    xxx
  • Options
    I live in Brixton and its fine. Brixton Academy is a shit venue though. Its too big, the PA is shit and the sound engineer seems to be deaf.