Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Are there......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...........any beneficial effects to drinking 8 glasses of water everyday?

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    flushes out toxins, keeps your kidneys/liver whatever nice and clean, good for your skin, hydrates you.... the list goes on
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    flushes out toxins, keeps your kidneys/liver whatever nice and clean, good for your skin, hydrates you.... the list goes on

:yes: agrees
  • Options
    I drink water everyday (most of the day) & my skin is crap!
  • Options
    Loads! read all about it here.
  • Options
    However you can drink too much, you end up washing all the needed salts out of your body, which can in turn lead you to being a bit weak and feeble.

The body does need quite a bit of salt in the diet to keep going, so if you are going to drink that much water you might want to have a sports drink or a salty snack or similar at the same time.
  • Options
    drinking loads of water does nothing for me :( just makes me pee around 9 times lol. plus water is boooooring
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    However you can drink too much, you end up washing all the needed salts out of your body, which can in turn lead you to being a bit weak and feeble.

And I thought my parents were just making excuses for my weak and feeble-ness.
  • Options
    drinking all that water only makes you wee alot :D
  • Options
    I drink about 1.5 litres of water a day just as long as it's bottled like Volic etc. Our tap water round here is as about as nice as wearing a fur coat on a hot day.

Ever hear about that women dieing because she drank to much water?
  • Options
    People often get headaches and so they take a pill with water..its actually the water that makes them feel better because it rehydrates them and a head ache is a sign of dehydration....

water is good for you
  • Options
    Well I used to have quite bad skin, then I started drinking loads more water and it got so much better. Haven't stopped drinking my 8 glasses a day since.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Ever hear about that women dieing because she drank to much water?

no, BUT, there is a case study by scientists that proves excessive water intake (i.e. like 5 litres in an hour) can kill the body
  • Options
    Right, an age old question no doubt but when you all say 8 glasses, how big are these glasses?

Like roughly, how many litres would 8 glasses equal? I try to drink a lot of water but with no target to work towards I can't work out if I'm doing well or not. :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Like roughly, how many litres would 8 glasses equal?

i think 2 litres is the recommended.
  • Options
    I've drank nothing but water and milk for the last 8 months. I occasionally drink alcohol but thats different :D