Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bling, bling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So how much bling do you wear?

Personally myself I'm not big on jewellery. I wear my wedding ring and a watch. That's it. I used to have a necklace (leather strap with a silver surfboard) in my younger days when I was a surf dude ( :p ) but I don't wear it any more.

Comments

• Options
    None. I don't own any bling.
  • Options
    A ring on each hand (soon to be 1 more ;) ) One is gold, with three leaves on in different coloured gold, very pretty and dainty and I got it for my 213t. On the other hand is a heart shaped white gold ring I got on my 18th. Round my neck is a thin gold necklace with a solitaire diamond.
    I also have a chain with rubys (my birth stone) on and matching ruby ear rings, for special occasions. Which, again got for my 21st.
    Dont wear anymore than that. I dont like chunky golld or any of that stuff. Simple, elegant jewellery is what I like. Though I do have some punky type bracelets and earings and I dangle diamond pair. I also have a few leather cuffs with chains on. These are all for when I go clubbing :D
  • Options
    I wear a watch, my engagement ring, a silver bracelet, usually a small pair of silver hoop earrings and a silver necklace.

Minimal bling :)
  • Options
    Well, since i got rid of all but 2 of my piercings, both of which you cant see without searching, i only wear jewellery that has been given to me as presents, and hold certain sentimental value. A ring with my initials, and a gold chain, apart from them, just a watch. Not very big on bling, and as for all those hip hop type artists, they look stupid with their $500,000 gold chains round their necks which could be used to chain a bike to a fence, stupid waste of cash
  • Options
    2 rings, metal in my piercings and a necklace. Once in a great while, a watch, but I can't tell time that well so theres no point in wearing it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Well, since i got rid of all but 2 of my piercings, both of which you cant see without searching,

dude, how come you decided to de-pierce yourself? I seem to recall you having a few..like me!

i have 11 piercings so there is metal in them, and i always wear a chunky necklace and one or two big wrist cuffs or leather straps/ stud bracelts etc.
    i also have a wedding ring which i don't wear. a very long story
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue

i have 11 piercings

*wonders where all 11 are*
  • Options
    Originally posted by pussy_palace
    *wonders where all 11 are*

well..........i have two sets in my ears, plus my trag, plus my scaffold (industrial), plus one at the topish of my ear, nose, lip, the back of my neck twice with a small bar at the top and a longer one about 3/4 of an inch under it etc.
  • Options
    well..........i have two sets in my ears, plus my trag, plus my scaffold (industrial), plus one at the topish of my ear, nose, lip, the back of my neck twice with a small bar at the top and a longer one about 3/4 of an inch under it etc.

oooooo i see.sound.
  • Options
    dyou have any piercings
  • Options
    dyou have any piercings

i had my tung pierced, but now i dont, and i have my right nipple pierced, and am thinkin about my labret.
  • Options
    i wear two lots of tiny silver hoops in my ears, two plain silver band rings on my right hand, a thick one on my thumb and a thin one on my middle finger, and a steel barbell in my tongue. that's it. sometime's i'll wear a necklace, or a sweatband on my wrist, but not usually.

although i do happen to know i'm getting a rather swanky watch for christmas :D
  • Options
    hmmm i always wear a necklace and my belly ring....i can never be arsed with anything else
  • Options
    Re: Bling, bling
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    I wear my wedding ring and a watch.

:O Married?

I wear a ring on each hand.
  • Options
    none. never have done. i don't consider my watch to be bling ...it's an essential peice of equipment.
    when i see someone with ten gold rings numerous gold chains, multiple gold earings in each ear i pressume they don't have a jewelry box in which to keep it so have to wear it all at once and ...it tells me that they live on the worst estate in town and probably on benefits. AND ...when they wear all this metal with clothes that have stripes down the arms and legs and trainers on their feet i just know they have an i.q of zero.
  • Options
    i did have a silver chain my mummy brought me but i lost it cus work made me take it off :crying:
  • Options
    just my belly bar all the time
    if i go out ill put a bracelet or something on but im not big on jewelery

oh yeah and the top of my ear pierced
  • Options
    VinylVicky; "One is gold, with three leaves on in different coloured gold, very pretty and dainty and I got it for my 213t"

I didnt realise you were that old, you look good for it.

I've got my wedding ring and my watch and thats it, I cant be dealing with lots of jewelry on blokes really. My mrs has a few rings but nothing over the top.

Is it just me or do people with the lowest incomes seem to wear the most gold?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

:eek:

she's only 21 (i think). THAT old??

*kills herself now*
  • Options

Did you not? Oh and thanks ;) I look younger now than I did when I was young ;) Cost thousands dear :p
    :lol:

So someone is actually reading the replies!
  • Options

Is it just me or do people with the lowest incomes seem to wear the most gold?

:yes: oooh definatly, about 6 thousand bangles on each arm, poseable clown necklaces, loads of rings, and about 60 chains round there neck
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    :eek:

she's only 21 (i think). THAT old??

*kills herself now*
    VinylVickyfor my 213t"
  • Options
    It took you a little while to get that didnt it.
  • Options
    yes. :blush:

i'm still waking up.
  • Options
    bling bling worn by rappers etc is a waste of money!
    i have:
    1 silver necklace with a topaz tear drop pendant for my birthday
    1 silver necklace with a heart on it from my nan for my confirmation
    1 st christophers chain which my mum bought to protect me when i went on holiday by myself
    1 silver cross which i wear everyday
    1 silver necklace with a pearl for my bday
    1 silver ring my bf made me
    1 silver necklace with blue pendant my bf bought me
    1 pair of gold earrings which are tiny and pretty
    1 silver bracelet which was for my bday
    1 gold claddagh (sp?) that my mum gave to me

actualy i have quite a bit lol :blush: but thats cuz i like jewellery specially silver :D
  • Options
    I wear my watch, and the rest is all celtic jewellery. I wear a gold celtic ring that my boyfriend got me for my birthday on my left hand, a silver celtic ring that I got at Ashton Court music festival on the other, and a silver celtic cross necklace that I got at a mystical jewelery shop in St. Ives in Cornwall, called EmGems, or something like that.
  • Options
    I don't do bling. I wear a white gold ring and a silver watch and that's it. Oh and a pair of ear rings. And my tongue and belly bars. But none of it is 'bling' :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i wear my necklace and my watch. sometimes some earrings but thats about it. i have alot of jewellery but i dont wear it all at the same time.

oh ... i also have 2 piercings that have bars in the all the time, does that count?
  • Options
    Is bling bling just metal jewellery?