Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

**WARNING** Babies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was just sat here whilst James is kicking the hell outta my tummy wondering...

Do you think they get bored in there? Perhaps thinking ah lets kick the shit outta mummy!

Heh ok i'm bored.

Comments

• Options
    I often think that! and do they cry? Can you hear them? Can they hear you? What do babies think in if the dont have a languge?!!
    Im confused:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    and do they cry?

I was just wondering that!
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I often think that! and do they cry? Can you hear them? Can they hear you? What do babies think in if the dont have a languge?!!
    Im confused:confused:

They can't cry until born as they can't breath until they are out.
    They can & do hiccup tho lol.
  • Options
    Oh yeah & they can hear you from so many weeks. Can't remember exactly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    They can & do hiccup tho lol.

Awww bless!! You can hear them hiccup? That's so cute! lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Awww bless!! You can hear them hiccup? That's so cute! lol

You can't hear anything but you feel it. Apparently when you eat choc he swallows the fluid quicker hence the hiccups :D.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    You can't hear anything but you feel it. Apparently when you eat choc he swallows the fluid quicker hence the hiccups :D.

haha I'd be eating chocolate all the time just for the fun of it.

/evil :p
  • Options
    They can hear you, air going into your lungs and your heart beating constantly must really piss them off. I dont think they can get bored because their brain isnt developed enough to know what bored is. And if they did, I doubt they'd remember for more than ten minutes :D
  • Options
    Actually, I've heard that the sound of the mother breathing and her heartbeat can be very relaxing for the baby, hence why many babies enjoying lying and eventually falling asleep on either of their parents chest.
  • Options
    Yeah i bet it would be quite soothing for them, im 19 and love to fall asleeo on my bfs chest hearing him breathing adn his heart beating so can imagine it being relaxing for them too

Babies are cute.. you had any weird cravings? my sister throws up when she sees chicken, so i like to eat KFC around her :D
  • Options
    I've got a niece and a nephew, which means I get all the bonuses of having little kids around, in that they look cute and you can play with them.

But as soon as they start turning red or generally upset I just hand them back to my brothers.

My nephew in particular is very cute, he used to do this fantastic thing with rapping paper. He'd have it in his hand and gradually you could see his face getting angrier and angrier, then he'd shake the paper for all his might and throw it on the ground, Laugh and pick it up again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    My nephew in particular is very cute, he used to do this fantastic thing with rapping paper. He'd have it in his hand and gradually you could see his face getting angrier and angrier, then he'd shake the paper for all his might and throw it on the ground, Laugh and pick it up again.

aww, lucky you my neice was never cute. just a drama queen. complete diva.
  • Options
    Obviously I dont really like to show that maybe I prefer my nephew, but I think I do slightly. Hes so quiet and always so well behaved.

My niece is a bit of a diva, she's an only child and her dad calls her princess, so I think you can get the idea. Although she loves me, as soon as she sees me she calls my name over and over till I play and run around with her. And this is while my mrs sits around and has coffee!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Actually, I've heard that the sound of the mother breathing and her heartbeat can be very relaxing for the baby, hence why many babies enjoying lying and eventually falling asleep on either of their parents chest.

I dont think its the same as the relaxing inhaling/exhaling that you get when you rest your head on someones chest. I think its more like being in an iron factory 24/7.

I think the reason they enjoy lying and falling asleep on their parents' chest is so that they can catch up for all of the kip theyve lost out on. :)