Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being too nice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is mainly a question for the girls.

But do you hate it went a guy is too nice to you?

Do you like a guy to just take charge sometimes and make the decisions?

My friend got married a year ago and didn't take the time to really get to know the girl he was marrying (He proposed 5 days after they first met and 3 weeks later they were engaged)

When I see them together he's too nice to her, almost the way you treat a stranger. He tries to be so nice to her that I think she finds it annoying.

Like we were ordering a chinese meal and he kept asking her, doyou want this, that, etc, etc

And it only seemed to wind her up, from what I can tell she and many other women just like a guy to take charge .. any of you girls agree or disagree .. cos us blokes can't figure out what you lot want most of the time. :D

Comments

• Options
    i dont feel comfortable taking charge... i like the girl to be happy and like... *thinks* - like i like them to be comfortable with anything that's happening, and like, not being forced into it and they want it.

weird. me :( anyway yeah oh well. :p lol
  • Options
    Yes I fucking hate being men too nice and I run a mile if they are, usually
    Except my new blokey, he cant do a thing wrong and we are so soppy! Ive never been like this before and always thought I needed a man to put me in my place. I guess its just a matter of finding the right one, for me anyway.
  • Options
    I used to not like *nice* guys when i was younger - but now, it's bliss to have someone support you, love you, and not fuck your best mate behind your back.

Nice guys *rule* :cool:
  • Options
    So do I take it when girls are young and nieve they like dangerous guys but once they're a bit older and been screwed over a few times by these bad boys they then want a nice guy??
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    I'm still attracted to shits who already have girlfriends and admit to using me for sex and blantantly don't give a crap :rolleyes:

I will hopefully learn someday.

This is what confuses us guys so much!!

Maybe you like the fact they are taken??

Afterall people always want what they can't have??
  • Options
    i don't want a guy to fuck me over, i want him to have nice qualities but i don't want him to be too *nice*. there is a difference.
    i just want him to take charge sometimes, to be a man all big and strong. to rip my clothes off, to make decisions. a guy who is too nice would never do these. he'd be worrying too much about my 'feelings'. i would describe a *nice* guy as someone who is shy, is a pussy, slightly boring and needs to grow some balls.
  • Options
    i dumped a guy for being too perfect.
  • Options
    I do like nice guys who ask my opinion on things, are in touch with my feelings, make an effort etc. etc. However I also like it when a man gives me a bit of a challenge and doesn't just go along with everything I do and agree with everything I say. That just gets boring really quickly and I don't think it works for many people. A lot of women go for assholes because they like the chase, the excitement of being with someone who isn't immediately going to give you what you want, no questions asked. So if you can maintain an element of that but still be a nice person, you'd probably end up being pretty much the perfect bloke (in my opinion anyway!).
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

Except my new blokey, he cant do a thing wrong and we are so soppy!

I totally know what you mean by that. Weird how that one nice person can sometimes totally change how we are about some stuff, eh?

But on topic, I think girls who don't like guys being too nice, shouldn't really complain about being hurt by some bastard,..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I totally know what you mean by that. Weird how that one nice person can sometimes totally change how we are about some stuff, eh?

Yes it is weird, he's always nice, he writes me the sweetest letters, buys me teddies and silly little gifts which I love. Where as before, I dumped someone for being too soft and doing similar things to what Andrew does now!
  • Options
    Yes it is weird, he's always nice, he writes me the sweetest letters, buys me teddies and silly little gifts which I love. Where as before, I dumped someone for being too soft and doing similar things to what Andrew does now!

I totally agree. I think the difference is that when you properly are in love with someone, the nice soppy things are just the icing on the cake!
  • Options

Maybe you've also changed??

I think when girls hate themselves they look for guys that treat them like dirt as it reinforces their own beliefs??

.. Don't know ... anyone that write a book on how women think will be an instant millionaire!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    anyone that write a book on how women think will be an instant millionaire!!!

why don't u give it a shot? :D
  • Options
    My boyfriend still always asks if i'm ok all the time, or if he can do anything to help me... he's so romantic like that.

However, I know he doesn't treat me like a stranger cos we take the piss out of each other.... Maybe you just haven't ever seen the jokey flirty relationship to their relationship.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

.. Don't know ... anyone that write a book on how women think will be an instant millionaire!!!
    There is one! Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus....maybe the other way round :confused:
    Read it, its a perfect life/relalationship handbook! Read it! You will find out a lot! Especially the bit about Roses, im not gona spoil it for you ;)