Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

finding someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I admit that i am looking for a girlfriend, but i cant seem to find anyone who likes me back in that respect and its getting me down more and more, everything else in my life seems to be sorted now but this isnt and i hate it.I look around me everyday and all my mates bar one have girlfriends. Ive been single for so long now, and i wont say how long coz its been that long but im ive talked myself into thinking i'll never meet anyone now.I was thinkingn about it late last night and it sorta hit me in a sense that i,m getting scared i'll never find anyone.
I know im not the most attractive of guys...but what i lack in looks i more than make up in my personality and everything else.
So why catn i find someone...As ive said in previous most i fancy a couple of ppl but nothing wil ever happen their.I just seem to be stuck in a loop and i cant get out of it!

Dunno why i said this realyl tbh...Spose im just looking for advice etc.... The one thing i most feared in life which was being left alone, feeling lovely..is starting to hit me..and its scaring me and getting me down..But i know that you will say "only you can do something about it" well i have tried and failed everytime.

Comments

• Options
    Its the age-old thing that the more you look the less likely it is to actually happen. Whether you are actually desperate or not, actually going out and looking seems to make people look desperate, and desperation is never an attractive trait.

I suppose basically you should try to relax and not worry about it, be relaxed and just meet girls as mates not dates. Though saying that is the easy part...
  • Options
    tbh i dont go out looking as if i want a girlfriend i just act my usual friendly self.I know that if i looked desperate there would be a piossibility that they would see it and not be interested...As some have said to me all you can do is be yourself, which i have done, so far to no avail.
  • Options
    I think that you need to single out one person you're interested in, and put your effort into that person. I tried using the whole 'broad approach' to see which girls were interested, but being girls, they don't really get interested :p unless you give them attention first. Weird huh?

Anyway - men = predators so find your prey and eat it! :mad: :p

I would also like to add that the sterotype that predators are cunning and clever is soooooooooo wrong :p
  • Options
    How old are you?

I think its just a dry spell you're going through. I was talking to this bloke at my work and he said that when he was 19 (my age) he was with lots of girls/women but soon as he hit 20 it all went dead and he couldn't get gf or anything. He said it lasted years!!

The thing is, now he's about 26/27 and he's got a beautiful gf and very happy! So nothing lasts forever.

What sort of girl are you wanting as a gf?

Maybe you need to broaden your horizon, go new places, gain a better understanding of the sort of girl you think you'd like to be with. Its pretty easy to find a common understanding with girls if you listen to what they have to say and ask the right sort of questions.