Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why does everyone find it so strange . . .

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
that I hate Christmas? Everyone thinks I'm mad. I hate it because it's cold, it's wet, I don't like family time, I don't like decorating, I don't like the stupid lights some people put up (if it's tasteful it's ok, but some people go WAY too far), I don't like feeling so full I could burst but still being expected to eat more, I don't like getting so many presents I can't think where to put it all. I think that is reason enough to not like Christmas. But they all think I'm mad. Oh well!

Sorry, I'm bored and I felt like doing some random posting that nobody will care about!

Comments

• Options
    They find it strange because they love it. Why do you find it strange that they find you not liking something they love, strange?
  • Options
    do you hate the one thing christmas should be about? Love!

presents - symbols given as love
    food - feed your love! :p
    family - to love and give you love
    lights - to represent the light which in turn represents a lot of things including love ish :p
    cold + wet - make you appreciate it all the more!

heheh im in a soppy mood! :p
  • Options
    I dont think its strange. Loads of people hate christmas. Im only trying to get into it a bit more this year cos of littlun. Personally I think it comes round far too quickly and is completely OTT. Its stressfull and expensive.
    I think they should have christmas about once every three or four years, and then id definitely enjoy it more. It would be far more special.
  • Options
    Re: Why does everyone find it so strange . . .

OMG YOUR AV!!

IT'S SOCKS! I always thought it was lips. :(

Sigh. *flips blonde tresses*
  • Options
    Re: Re: Why does everyone find it so strange . . .
    Originally posted by 1983
    OMG YOUR AV!!

IT'S SOCKS! I always thought it was lips. :(

Sigh. *flips blonde tresses*

Are you blind? Because... even a blonde person can tell the difference between lips and socks... jesus christ that conjurs up ideas of nasty experiences in dark places!!! :eek2:

I'm kidding really. I have a lot of respect for you. Please forgive me :(
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Why does everyone find it so strange . . .

I just didn't know. :|

Sigh. Plus, it's a blonde LASS, not just a blonde person. :p
  • Options
    rainbow is right, christmas comes around way too quickly,its dec 12th and i still dont feel christmas-y nor have i bought pressies for my loved ones. but i feel its gotten way to commercial and being a catholic, i try to enjoy the religious side but that isnt really possible today =( also its way too fake.i pretend to enjoy but cant wait for the day when i can spend the day alone, in peace, without having to pretend.
  • Options
    The thing I hate about Christmas is the whole family get together nonsense in my case & the 'lets act as though we are like the perfect family'.

You can cut the tension with & knife which makes it a severely uncomfortable.

At least my bed isn't 2-faced because that's where i'll be firmly placed all christmas day.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    I don't find it strange, but then I'm not Christian.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    The thing I hate about Christmas is the whole family get together nonsense in my case & the 'lets act as though we are like the perfect family'.

At least my bed isn't 2-faced because that's where i'll be firmly placed all christmas day.

I used to hate that too. You could guarantee when i was little mum & dad would argue christmas day & spend the rest of the day pretending all was ok but it clearly wasn't.
  • Options
    Fcuking humbug!!

i hate xmas..... loads more work to do.. its the busyist time of year for me.
    gifts to buy.....
    pretend to be happy when im single and lonly and would rather be at work...bah i hate xmas. only had one xmas when i wasn't single and that was shit too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy

Why do it then?!! I love getting together with my family, its great and I dont think we have ever had a single argument (apart grom me n my mum)
    Why spend time with people when your not gona enojoy it? Wouldnt you all be happier if you did your own thing?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Why do it then?!! I love getting together with my family, its great and I dont think we have ever had a single argument (apart grom me n my mum)
    Why spend time with people when your not gona enojoy it? Wouldnt you all be happier if you did your own thing?

:yes:

I love seeing my family get together - we only do it once a year around xmas and I lurve it :) because... I just do! :)
  • Options
    Its stressfull and expensive.

i've noticed christmas is getting that way.

we don't have a traditional christmas though. in our house it's not about what you buy and how much you spent. it's just about getting together and having a laugh. my mum is polish, and tradional polish christmases focus mainly on bringing all the family together.

on christmas eve, everyone from my mum's side of the family, wherever in the world they might have been on the 23rd of december, will be at our house on christmas eve, or have a bloody good excuse (like being 9 months pregnant and stuck in kent). if anyone is missing, we'll ring them and everyone in the family will have a little chat.

no one dares fight at christmas, however pissed off they might be with one another, lest the spirit of my grandma come down and spiritually kick our asses.
  • Options
    Christmas is lovely. I usually get really cheerful around Christmas, liiike when it snows and it's night and you prance about with all the pretty little lights on houses shining. :) *le happy sigh*

But what the fucking fuck is up with people putting up their Christmas decorations right as it's JUST got to December?!?! When we were kids (oh, myyyy God, what will I be like when I'm old) my mum wouldn't let us put them up till two weeks before, and for some reason it made it soooo much more exciting when they finally got put up.

And I don't feel very Christmassy this year. My mum bought everyones pressies from me and I don't know what I want so there's not that much to get excited about. Am getting old. :(

Only really good thing about Christmas is using it as an excuse to get fat. And fit guys prancing about with mistletoe, ooooh yes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    But what the fucking fuck is up with people putting up their Christmas decorations right as it's JUST got to December?!?!

:yes:

you're supposed to put them up on christmas eve and take them down on the epiphany (6th January).

if you don't 'bad things happen' according to my grandma. but she didn't specify what kind of bad things.
  • Options
    And fit guys prancing about with mistletoe, ooooh yes.

OMG this girl came up to me yesterday at school with mistletoe but i was in too bad a mood so just walked off past her :blush: oh well :p my mate's fault for confusing meh and winding me up :p
  • Options
    (oh, myyyy God, what will I be like when I'm old) my mum wouldn't let us put them up till two weeks before, and for some reason it made it soooo much more exciting when they finally got put up.

yes, yes yes. i fucking love christmas but i hate people who put decorations up the moment they hear a christmas song in poundland...... our residiantial halls were a joke, everyone went mad with snowspray time ago.

the only decoration you put up on 1st december is your advent calender!
  • Options
    i love christmas, and not just cos i get more tips at work honest!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i've noticed christmas is getting that way.

we don't have a traditional christmas though. in our house it's not about what you buy and how much you spent. it's just about getting together and having a laugh.

Thats what christmas should be about.. its about family, love and being with someone not flaunting around £500 gifts and stuff, Christmas is a time for relaxing, thinking about the past year but moden sociaty has turn some religous fesival into what it is tyoday just so people can get into lots more debt and play happy familys.

Personly i don't care what i get for christmas. no matter what i get i wont be happy unless im with my family from the USA, but i know that wont happen and that was the only time i was happy,

Anyway Kaffrin it's good to see not everyone has Shitty christmas where its about presents and money and decortations, glad to see some traditions are still out there.
  • Options
    I hate christmas so much. I've been convincing my parents that it isnt that great and they agree, now that my relatives are dieing off we dont really have anyone that must come round for a full christmas dinner, last year we had macaroni cheese! Me and my mum would have a great time if my grandma didnt have to come over, were kinda mental and hate my grandma! I dont like ymdads side of the family so hide in my room when there over! lol I hate they way that people think they have to have a christmas dinner and tree etc. casue we dont. And we dont need to spend £200 on christmas shopping. At my mums house we arnt haveing anything remotly christmas in our house except christmas cards and presents! Were gonna have some twig with candles around it for a tree and thats it and we will be just as happy with a twig than a great big christmas tree! Bah i hate christmas!
  • Options
    i ve got to totally agree with you i hate it .Its ok when your little and that bearded bloke comes and leaves you stuff,but when he doesnt bother anymore its never the same again.Its the most anti climax in the whole year .But dont worry as soon as it comes it will be gone again and forgot , well till bout april when everyone starts again.
    If you ask me its just an excuse to have an holiday as if most people dont get enought .Thankfully i will be working most of xmas so it should fly past.Ive sort of grown out of going to the pub getting drunk then finding a little bloke to beat up then making an arse of myself and not been able to remember anything in the morning.What fun more like whats the point?
    But on a lighter note it does keep alot of people in work which is a good thing.I think whoever invented it in the first place had his heart in the right place.I just feel sorry for the people with kids who cant afford to buy anything ,and the kids see all the stuff on the tv that must put them in a awfull position knowing that they cant get stuff.
    Just thought id get that out of mi mind thanks
  • Options
    omg i luuuurve xmas

so cool and its an excuse to get pisd as a fart
  • Options
    crimbo can be good if you've got a family etc but mine just a boring day stuck with starngers what fun :(
  • Options
    Re: Why does everyone find it so strange . . .
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    that I hate Christmas? Everyone thinks I'm mad. I hate it because it's cold, it's wet, I don't like family time, I don't like decorating, I don't like the stupid lights some people put up (if it's tasteful it's ok, but some people go WAY too far), I don't like feeling so full I could burst but still being expected to eat more, I don't like getting so many presents I can't think where to put it all. I think that is reason enough to not like Christmas. But they all think I'm mad. Oh well!

Sorry, I'm bored and I felt like doing some random posting that nobody will care about!

I also hate Christmas, for reasons, that probably are just completely different from your reason/s why, but, all in all, it seems that we both hate Christmas, but, just different reasons.

Also, even though I hate Christmas, still decorate for it, but, buhhambug, to it all, anyways.