Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Urine test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you go to the doctors with suspected cystitus will they do a urine test on you? Do you do it in the doctors room infornt of the doctor, or do you have to make another appointment to come back another time, im just not sure if i could wee if someone was there in the room watching me :eek2:

And also is there anyother treatment that the doctor will offer apart from antiboitics because i dont like taking these because they weken your immune sytem and i always seem to get really bad thrush aswell :(

It will take me about 5 days to get an appoinment aswell im hoping it wont get worse :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    No they don't get you to do it in front of them. If they want a sample they will send you of to the toilet with someting to do it in, either that or they give you a pot & ask you bring it back in. Don't worry. I am used to them now with being preggie you have to do them all the time.
  • Options
    yeah you'll probably have to have a urine test for cystitis

is a lickle bit embarrasing, but everyones seen it before so i wouldnt be too concerned
  • Options
    The Government are gonna start charging £30 for urine tests.

Dunno about you, but I think it's taking the piss :lol:

Hope all goes OK