Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

images of children being abused ...fantastic!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
will someone explain to me how the hell you can win a top award for displaying images of child abuse on a vase?
surely the man should be blackballed not aplauded.

Comments

• Options
    I take it this is a Turner prize thingy. Do you have a link to wherever you got this story from?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    I take it this is a Turner prize thingy. Do you have a link to wherever you got this story from?
    unfortunately no i don't have a link ...i meant to post this a few days ago.
    yes the turnip prize.
  • Options
    :confused:

I don't know what it's about. If it's a rhetoric thing, like, showing how bad abuse is, then it's not so bad. But if it's just abuse in the form of 'art' or something (again) then I beleive he should be reformed very quickly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    :confused:

I don't know what it's about. If it's a rhetoric thing, like, showing how bad abuse is, then it's not so bad. But if it's just abuse in the form of 'art' or something (again) then I beleive he should be reformed very quickly.
    i think they should smash the fucking vases over his head and then lock the **** up!
    but no ...make him a hero ...
  • Options
    Most of the shit that gets put forward for the Turner prize (I refuse to call it "art") is only done for the shock value. If we all ignore it, it will go away.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    If we all ignore it, it will go away.
    most of us already ignore it. it doesn't seem to be going away though.
    art to me is something that is created from an individual with a special talent ... a gift ...something us mere mortals can only wonder at.
    but today ...art seems to have come down to an idea ...a different idea that no one else thought of.
    with that as the critearia for art ...anyone can do it.
  • Options
    and he got twenty friggin grand!
    i'm going to be an artist. no talent but loads of nutty ideas ...that seems to be enough these days.
    let me see now ...
    how about a vase that you can put flowers in. this vase will also have an electronic fanny so you can have sex with the flowers. it will play mp3's. as the flowers begin to wilt ...the fanny slowly dries up. the vase self destructs once the flowers are dead.
    if your shagging the vase when it self destructs ...there will be blood and bits all over the place. see ...i'm now an artist.
  • Options
    The mere topic of this thread made me shudder.