Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

yellowy/orange screen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My screen has been going yellowy/orangey and I dont know why. Its happened about 3 times since yesterday and soon as i do a restart its ok.
Anyone have any clues ? I aint done nothing to ettings or anything like that.

Comments

• Options
    Without seeing it, it's hard to guess. But I'd say it's either simply buggered and about to pack up, or there's a bad connection somewhere - either the monitor plug to the computer, or the video card inside the computer.
    Those are my best guesses.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Without seeing it, it's hard to guess. But I'd say it's either simply buggered and about to pack up, or there's a bad connection somewhere - either the monitor plug to the computer, or the video card inside the computer.
    Those are my best guesses.

Mr_Wobble ;)

Cheers, I thought it may be the monitor on its way out. Hopefully it will last till christmas because when i was going through my history i found a website with new mointors on and since ive been nagging for a bigger one it may be a suprise for me :D

Ive had this about 3 years, whats the average lifespan ? ish .
  • Options
    You should see if you can borrow a monitor first, just to be sure, before investing in a new one.
    Another thought is that it may be the video card on the blink. But going on past experience, I'd say it was the monitor on its way out.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Cheers Me Dear :D
  • Options
    I found this happened with a loose cable. PC was in a hot place and I think it must have gently melted the plastic a bit so connection was wobbly, think I stood it on a book. Jiggled the power cables going into the monitor and all was fine.
  • Options
    Its not in a hot place, I did push the wires in and again today its flicked once or twice. So probably is the monitor :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Ive had this about 3 years, whats the average lifespan ? ish .

I think that the lifespan for a computer is 3 years. Dont know about the monitor though, or maybe that is included :chin:
  • Options
    lifespan means before its so outclassed you should buy a new one as its cheaper than upgrading not that a PC breaks after 3 years!
  • Options
    What is the make , size and model of your monitor most comes with 3 years warranty if they are a good make.
  • Options
    This normally happens when the monitor cable leading to the back of the computer is bust, the tiny wires inside can break if the cable is twisted enough or pulled and the monitor stops transmitting one of the RGB colours.

The problem with monitor cables is that most are moulded into the back of the monitor so you either have to get a new monitor or get it serviced, either way it's expensive. :(