Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Has anyone Ever Walked Out of A Resturant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and 7 of my friends did yesterday .. long story but was the first time ever I'd been treated so badly that everyone just walked out before the meal even really began.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not one for doing that really... Only time i can think of is in the Hilton hotel at heathrow... we ordered 2 non-smoking rooms, but got a disabled room and a smoking room. After spending an hour sorting that, we were looking forward to a hearty meal, but the food was pitiful and cold. We didn't exactly walk out... the chef was actually quite sorry about it and cooked us a delightful meal for free.
  • Options
    I'm confused??

Aren't disabled room way bigger then normal rooms to allow for wheelcahirs?

I know most disabled toilets are way better then standard toilets?

And why does it matter if you have a smoking room as long as you don't smoke??

Unless the room stinks of ciggies?

Isn't the difference between a smoking room and non smoking an Ashtray?? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I'm confused??

Aren't disabled room way bigger then normal rooms to allow for wheelcahirs?

I know most disabled toilets are way better then standard toilets?

And why does it matter if you have a smoking room as long as you don't smoke??

Unless the room stinks of ciggies?

Isn't the difference between a smoking room and non smoking an Ashtray?? :D

1. The room may be bigger, but don't you get a tad freaked out using a bathroom for disabled people?

2. Trust me, smoking rooms reek of residue cigarette smell.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    LOL ...I thought you meant do a runner without paying :eek:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    No the owner made all kinds of promises outside when trying to get us to come in and then once we were seated and bought our first round of drinks, he started going back on everything he said, even though all 8 of us had clearly heard and understood what he was offering outside.

It could have all got quite violent as his thugs started coming out of the wood work.

I looked up the place on the internet when I got home and found a review website of the place and two people had previously commented that the staff in there are very, very pushy and do things to up the total value of the order.

We were all totally shocked that anyone can behave like that and blatently lie to your face or rather 8 faces.

I wrote my own review of the place on that site but doubt it will ever get approved!!