Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Childline

Ok so i just tried calling them because i needed someone to talk to (see reason in relationship forum) And i got put on hold for half a bloomin hour! I had to hang up in the end cos the battery on my phone died.
My point is that they should put people on hold for this long as imo its dangerus(sp)
What if i had been calling because i had taken an over does and didnt know what to do??? What if i had been in danger because i was getting proper beaten at home and needed to ask them where i should go???

I mean i know what to do in both these situations but what if i didnt!? i would end up dead or something. all because they didnt pick up the phone!!

They advertise in my old school and we were allways told to call them if we had a problem and we didnt think we could talk to anyone we knew, like a teacher. But their pants!

Grrrrr! Rant over.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think if I was on hold that long I'd realise something was up and call back!!
    TRy talking to one of your sisters carers/teachers...they will be able to help you.
  • Options
    Well that's probably to do with a lack of volunteers, or funding, or something. Unfortunately it's not easy to provide this kind of service 100% efficiently I guess.
  • Options
    When I used to ring them I was never able to get through. It would ring for two seconds then I'd get an automated message telling me all their counsellors are busy. NSPCC are brilliant, children should be told to ring them instead.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    NSPCC are brilliant, children should be told to ring them instead.

you got the number?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    you got the number?

0808 800 5000
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    you got the number?

I haven't rang them in a while. Might be 08000 500 800, or a variation.
  • Options
    another place is connexions. not sure of their number but u can get it on www.connexions-direct.com