Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Calling usa

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If i was calling the usa and the number was 8037****** what would i dial from

A - a call box
B - a mobile..

basicly whats the code to use to reach cross sea's

Comments

• Options
    you dial 00 1

00 is to tell the phone company you want to call overseas

1 is the code for the USA like 44 is for the UK

How much will you pay per minute to call the USA formy our mobile and from a call box, can't you call from home it would be way cheaper or use MSN Messenger or one of the many other Voice Over IP Services.
  • Options
    Thanks man.. dont you have to take away the first number or somthing? bc i know when my family call me from the usa they call 001441376 but my area code is 01376

anyway thanks..

i'd use the house phone but it has a natonal call block on let alone a international and also due to the phone block i cant make phonecalls from the pc:'(
  • Options
    Phoen calls made from the PC go over the internet makes no difference if you have national or international blocking.

Who do you live with??
  • Options
    You could use pc to phone services.

Loads on the web. This one I find does a good deal, but there are some freebies out there if you are only calling the USA.

Some may require you to sign up in USA only, I find if you get your friend to do it, it'll work!!

Hope that's some use.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Phoen calls made from the PC go over the internet makes no difference if you have national or international blocking.

Who do you live with??

i live with my mam..

i can use one where it costs as i cant afford it and it will apear on the bill.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    i live with my mam..

i can use one where it costs as i cant afford it and it will apear on the bill.

That paragraph made no sense at all but I think I know what you mean.

So how do you dial into the internet - doesn't that costa nd appear on the bill?

You say you can't afford to call from home but can you afford to call from a mobile phone or pay phone? Isn't it many times more expensive to call from these then a house phone?

You're not making much sense.
  • Options
    Right my mother wont unblock the phone..

our internet doesnt apear on the bill as its a package and doesnt show the number we are dialing.

basicly i will use only the little money i have for a few min call to the usa when i can afford it.
  • Options
    If I tell you how to call the USA from your home phone for 1p per minute can you afford that? And that will appear on your phone bill but it's only 1p per minute.
  • Options
    If I tell you how to call the USA from your home phone for 1p per minute can you afford that? And that will appear on your phone bill but it's only 1p per minute.

Yeah sure man..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Yeah sure man..

Check your PM box in a minute
  • Options
    Thanks man..Thats wicked :D my mam says i can use it now :)

i owe ya..
  • Options
    It's OK just be good.

Just remember to call after 6pm and I assume you're with BT cos other companies will charge something different. So did you just try it out now?

Also I think if you put them as your BT best friend that gets another 10% or 20% discount on top.

You can do the best friend discount on the BT website.

So who exactly are you so eager to call in the USA? You got yourself some American chick over there?
  • Options
    It's OK just be good.

Just remember to call after 6pm and I assume you're with BT cos other companies will charge something different. So did you just try it out now?

Also I think if you put them as your BT best friend that gets another 10% or 20% discount on top.

You can do the best friend discount on the BT website.

So who exactly are you so eager to call in the USA? You got yourself some American chick over there?

Cool. its just few mates over there...:)
  • Options
    of course if you have a fixed price internet package and they they have internet you can talk PC to PC for free.

www.skype.com

You just both need a microphone and speakers or better yet a headset .. or now you can get USB phone that just plug intot he PC and look like a regular phone.
  • Options
    Well i wish i could do that but they dont have a head set or usb phone ect.

anyway my mam said thats fine :D and ill be albe use fone...

thanks man
  • Options
    But even at 1p per minute it adds up.

I was onth phone to someone for 2 hours - I have the full headset and all but she don't.

Well enjoy anyway. Just remember it's cheap not free and time flys when you're chatting with mates!!