Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seeing stars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This morning i got up & had a sneezing fit. After about 8 sneezes i started getting the twinkling thing in my eyes like seeing stars.
Why does this happen?
I have had it happen before & i passed out.
I am stressed so maybe that isn't helping?

Comments

• Options
    id get an emergency appointment with your doctor if I were you, as I know seeing stars can be one of the signs of pre-eclampsia.
    Im not saying thats what it is, but since youre pregnant, dont take any chances.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    id get an emergency appointment with your doctor if I were you, as I know seeing stars can be one of the signs of pre-eclampsia.
    Im not saying thats what it is, but since youre pregnant, dont take any chances.

Wouldnt the midwife has spotted a pattern in my blood pressure tho? I only saw her yesterday.
    I have growth scan on friday, maybe i could mention it then?
    What do you think?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Wouldnt the midwife has spotted a pattern in my blood pressure tho? I only saw her yesterday.
    I have growth scan on friday, maybe i could mention it then?
    What do you think?
    why not give the NHS helpline a call, and just confirm with them that it wont cause a problem if you dont investigate it with your doctor until friday. Friday is another couple of days away - just for you own piece of mind you know, im sure they'll let you know whether its anything to worry about or not, but mention it on friday also.
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    why not give the NHS helpline a call, and just confirm with them that it wont cause a problem if you dont investigate it with your doctor until friday. Friday is another couple of days away - just for you own piece of mind you know, im sure they'll let you know whether its anything to worry about or not, but mention it on friday also.

I had a look on the website about it & the only symptom i have is the stars thing. It even said one sign is a smaller baby, well i certainly don't have that as i am 32 1/2 wks & baby measures for 37wks!!!!! But thats another thing all together.:(
  • Options
    ive found this thread for you from babycentre. I hope it helps although it doesnt explain that much. Im sure if your BP has been fine up to now, youre probably OK, its just something you should bear in mind and keep an eye on it. I dont really know if blood pressure is something that can raise that quickly just overnight, or maybe it was just temporarily raised due to your sneezing fit?
    I dont want to worry you unnecessarily, but if it was me i would see the doctor, as in pregnancy you are treated as priority, so you may as well make the most of it.
  • Options
    theres also this one from babyworld.
  • Options
    I know that if you stand up quick you see stars for a few seconds where the blood rushes to your head. It could well be to do with your blood pressure is a little high. Maybe you should take it easy and do something to chill you out. Worth while seeing a doctor though like the others said.
  • Options
    and another one
    read 10 reasons to see your doctor in pregnancy.
  • Options
    Funny but just the Title made me think of blood pressure...

Go and annoy your GP, it's what he is paid for. Do you really want to take a risk re: pre-eclampsia?
  • Options
    Phoned midwife & she is happy to put it down to my sneezing fit as am i. Although if it happens once more i have to phone right away & they will have me in for tests.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    theres also this one from babyworld.

oooh do you go on babyworld?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    oooh do you go on babyworld?
    I used to go on there a lot, as I was in the march 2001 antenatal club, I dont really go on there much now, but its a good site and i found it invaluable when i was pregnant. The only parenting site I go on now is ukparents.