Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I think i have a problem

Ok i have this thing with eating....i dnt like it. I will eat, and i'll try to make sure its balenced. thing is i dnt eat enough, i know i dnt. I went on a huge diet last easter cos i'd out on so much weight i went up 2 sizes...now ive lost all that weight and then some.
IMO i dont have an eating disorder But if a mate of mine was doing the same i would say that they did.
I just weighed myself before i got in the shower, just in my undies cos clothes add extra weight, and i was 7st.
Now my aim was to get down to 8 but it just kept fallin off, and now im worried. i tried to tell my mate that cos i wanted some advice but he ended the phone call before i had my turn to speak.
I dnt really know what to do.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Out of interest how tall are you?
  • Options
    5ft 8/9"
  • Options
    My mate is about 5ft7/8 and shes 8stone, i would say your underweight, but im not gona say anything, il let Tweety help you, cos im not too sure :)
  • Options
    Blimey you certainly sound underweight.
    Could you go talk to your doctor about it?
    They can advise how much & what you should be eating.
  • Options
  • Options
    Its ok hunny's i just found out that my scales are a stone out. im still a lil bit underweight but its not so worrying as being 7st
    Tahnks for all your replys and advice anyway.
  • Options
    good that the scales were a stone out!!!!! As long as you keep eating a healthy balanced diet you should always be fine! iz
  • Options
    I wish I didn't like eating :(

But seriously though, I think that as long as you do make an effort to eat proper meals then you should be ok. I have a friend here at uni who just doesn't seem to like food that much and won't eat anything like chocolate or sweets or crisps or ANYTHING. It drives me mad.

Oh and you're taller than me and I weigh a lot lot more than you. I'm starting to worry about my weight. I think I'm fairly slim but I weigh ELEVEN fucking stone. And I have big boobs, but I doubt they can weigh a stone each... what's going on?
  • Options
    8 stone is still quite underweight. It's good that recognise the problems you have with eating and your body image - and that you are concerned about it. Now all you have to do is keep it under control by forcing yourself to eat a healthy balanced diet - doing this will ensure you are fit and healthy - and maintain a weight rather than go up and down.
    :)
  • Options
    Woo! I'm 22.17

Just ideal. *flips tresses*
  • Options
    BMI is crap. mine is 18 and below 20 is underweight. I don't think it takes into account that people have different frame sizes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    BMI is crap. mine is 18 and below 20 is underweight. I don't think it takes into account that people have different frame sizes.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping otherwise I'm apparently overweight... yet I'm a size 10-12. Gah.

ETA Oh no actually I just checked and I'm still just about inside the 'ideal' range. Phew.
  • Options

mine is 19 and i'm sooo not skinny at all! its just wrong :yes:
  • Options

surely though, if you have a smaller frame it weighs less..and you're a littler person.

i know what i mean, though i don't think what i said makes sense
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    surely though, if you have a smaller frame it weighs less..and you're a littler person.

i know what i mean, though i don't think what i said makes sense

well the way i see it is:

say you're 5'5"and are 'big-boned' with wide hips.

now that person may not be 'fat' but they have a larger frame than say someone who is much smaller in proportion due to havin smaller hips, smaller rib cage etc.

the latter person will weigh less due to being a smaller frame size and according to the BMI may be classed as underweight even though they're not.

maybe i'm just imagining someone as underweight as being far too skinny which is not what i am.
  • Options

the site i went to said that 18-25 was normal, 17-18 was borderline and everything under 17 was underweight.

i'm 18 too, and according to their chart i'm fine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    the site i went to said that 18-25 was normal, 17-18 was borderline and everything under 17 was underweight.

i'm 18 too, and according to their chart i'm fine.

oohh..i followed that link and it said under 20 was underweight :\

nevermind.