Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'Out of Bed' hair style

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was readin FHM and I saw an ad for Special L'Oreal FX Studio - Out of Bed Fibre Putty. So... is it any good or is there anythin better for the out of bed look because gell and wax only hold short hair.

Comments

• Options
    outty and gum are good for styles like that, you should go try it
  • Options
    why not just go to sleep then get it the natural way??? :confused:

seriously though the only way to find out is to try it and see if it works
  • Options
    American Crew hair pomeade putty - £10 a tub but my god it's good. It's also the only water based one you can get, so it washes easily and you dont get the wax feeling in your hair.
  • Options
    Can't answer the question as far as waxes are concerned, but I get a very strong feeling if I went through the day with 'just out of bed' hair, everyone I came into contact with would burst into tears. :p
  • Options
    bed hair

i just got my hair cut back into that style again today hehe
    but i use L'oreal bed hair
    it's quite good n doesn't feel icky in ur hair but u have to reapply it if u want it staying all messy
    the best thing to get is anything in the Tigi Bed Head range available only from salons, as far as i know, cos it's dead expensive but it's brilliant & lasts really well & feels good & smells great!
    but u said 'that only works on short hair'. so do u have long hair? if u do the best thing to do is back comb it a little at the crown so that it all sticks up around there & twists bits in the front & back & back combe other bits but just using ur fingers & gel wherever u want. that will make it messy & hold it in place at the same time. then spritz with some hair spray & viola!
  • Options
    Thanks for info.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scandalous
    It's also the only water based one you can get,
    not true. i think its shockwaves do one called architecht wax. redken also do a water based one, which i should know the name of as i sell it, but i have forgot.
    there are loads :p
  • Options
    New question :D,

Osmo Essence Fibre Paste... any good?

See alot of these products are good, until your hair grows longer than about 1cm and then you just havent got enough control. Im really pushing my luck on the L'Oreal putty, my hair is in some places something like 6cm, can the osmo give me the hold? Thanks
  • Options
    If I sport that doo I usually use clay or gunk but first of all put Brylcreem on it just to wet it up then add the clay or gunk and it works fine. Wax just makes your hair look greasy and gel makes your hair go stiff as a board I think.

I use:
    This

And

This
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

I use:
    This

And

This

all at the same time?!
  • Options
    That L'oreal out of bed stuff is good ... makes you hair a little hard but tis good
  • Options
    I bought a tub right after I started this post and Ive literally just finished it. I found it was the biggest back of shit in the world. :/

It has no hold for my hair which is near on 6cm long. It needs to be reapplied and couldnt go though a whole day without me adding hairspray.

Has anyone got any suggestions for something that I can get tomorrow that will hold like a mofo? Thanks.
  • Options
    Try Flubber, by Wella.
    It's extremely powerful.
    Can only get it at salons though, so it's bound to be expensive.