Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

trazodone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone here ever been prescribed this? if anyone has how did you find it?
ta, now im off to the dentist :eek:

Comments

• Options
    Heres some info on the drug, I havent taken it, but maybe this will help a little.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/pharmclips2.cgi?keyword=%20Desyrel%AE
  • Options
    thank you :)
  • Options
    Is it a sedative SSRI then? One which your supposed to take at night, because I've had one of those before, although that one was a werid hybrid of MOAI and SSRI, it was matrasipean (sp?).

I thought it was quite good, although to my mind the sedative effects lasted too long and made me feel drozy the next day. Also it gave me wierd dreams sometimes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Is it a sedative SSRI then? One which your supposed to take at night, because I've had one of those before, although that one was a werid hybrid of MOAI and SSRI, it was matrasipean (sp?).

I thought it was quite good, although to my mind the sedative effects lasted too long and made me feel drozy the next day. Also it gave me wierd dreams sometimes.

whaaa???:confused: . ive to take one twice during the day and then two before bed. doc said it may make me drowsy but i should be ok a few days after i start taking it. we shall see!
    he gave me it cos im feelyin a bit shitty and worried a lot so he says this helps with anxiety, i hope so!
  • Options
    Yes, I have been prescribed trazodone and it helped me really well with sleeping and such, but it caused me severe nightmares and had to stop taking it because of it causing me nightmares.

Don't know if that was much help, but maybe someone else does or maybe you could also just try it and see how it works for you. I don't know know much of what to tell ya. :blushes: