Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vote-rigging plot for the BBC Sports Personality award

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
With the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award upon us once more, it appears that bitter individuals (and whole countries) have set up vote-rigging campaigns to upset the British. :D

The hot favourite for this year is rugby hero Jonny Wilkinson, but some people seem to be upset by this.

One scheme comes from Ireland, where some pathetic soul has complained that the BBC award "it's always won by the English" and he has started an email campaign asking everyone to vote for Peter Canavan (who??), captain of Tyrone (who???), the All-Ireland Gaelic football champions (what football???). ;)

The other campaign comes from Australia, where the sour grapes over the rugby world cup are still in full swing :lol: . The Australians are urging everyone to vote for Tim Henman to stop Wilkinson from winning, and to cause puzzlement by electing a man who nice as he may be, doesn't stick out for his career successes.

Well, this cannot be allowed! Everyone is hereby summoned to do their patriotic duty and vote for whoever they want, naturally, but en masse to cancel out any mass voting by the bitter Aussies or confused individuals. :D

Vote here!!!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They're just nominations, the actual vote takes place during the program where the Aussies and the Irish can't vote. I assume the Irish can't vote considering its British tv?

Fact is they can vote as many times as they want for Henman and Caravan (is he British?) they will at best, get onto the shortlist.

I think Martin Johnson should win it anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    They're just nominations, the actual vote takes place during the program where the Aussies and the Irish can't vote. I assume the Irish can't vote considering its British tv?

Fact is they can vote as many times as they want for Henman and Caravan (is he British?) they will at best, get onto the shortlist.

no the one in question is one you can vote on electronically-
    But not sure if there is an actual award for it!

We done it with songs and that before at the last ones!

If it was to go to an Englisg person i'd say Radcliffe, Wilkinson has been good but if he had of had a bad final he would of just had an ok tounament as opposed to an out out genius of a match winner
  • Options
    According to the BBC a shortlist of nominees will be made available for the programme on Sunday 14th. Then and there people will be asked to cast their final votes from the shortlist.

Whether any Australians want to get up early in the morning to cast their votes remain to be seen...
  • Options
    The BBC have pointed out that based on current votes there is a huge leader, much as was expected...

I think the Aussie will really have to get going if they think that they will be able to stop Wilko from getting the reactionary votes...
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop

the irish can vote cos you can get the BBC in Ireland (im in northern ireland...so if you want to be politically correct about it then that means britain) and our main channel is BBC, but i know that in the republic certain places can pick it up. hmm....yeh i got that email about peter canavan, and i could see the point of it in way, but i didnt vote for him cos im northern irish (british) and i dont follow gaelic football and ive never heard of him and like its BBC sporst personality of the year so surely that means it has to be a british athlete? even tho u can get the BBC in Ireland...Ireland isnt part of Britain...and the BBC is British...oh im confused im rambling now just thinking aloud,
    im in 2 minds. i dont really think that whoever sent that email is "some pathetic soul", the Irish (once again...im not irish, so not biased) just happen to be very proud of their country and they maybe just think hes the best man for the award...altho clearly some people dont agree....but surely thats ok cos people are entitled to their opinion. hmm...i think ive just talked a pile of crap...oh well...i dont know really know who should win but i would have said jonny wilkinson...
  • Options
    It's perfectly alright for the creator of that email to believe Peter Canavan would a worthier winner. But what seems to motivate this person is his chip on the shoulder and his perception that the award "it's always won by the English" presumably because the BBC or their viewers would not consider anyone who is not English.

Although I'm happy to point out that he's not nowhere nearly as pathetic as the people behind the Australian campaign.