Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

gym prices

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
im thinking about joining a gym because its always too cold or dark when i have time to go for a run(!)

the places locally are between £33-35 per month, some with joining fees and some without.

you get use of the pool and classes if they do them, and the prices are for use anytime...

i was just wondering how much anyone else pays? and is what therye asking for reasonable?!

thanks xx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    That is a reasonable amount if it is a decent gym and you are getting use of the swimming pool and classes. All the member gyms around my area are of a similar price.

I just pay whenever I go as I have found one where membership isn't essential. I have to pay £3.50 each time I go. The gym I use though doesn't have a pool.
  • Options
    That is about the cheapest you will find monthly, all the others are expensive gym/health clubs i.e., David Lloyd Centre, Canons.

I was paying £5.50 a time but go loads so am gonna pay monthly which is £37

go for it!
  • Options
    £30 - £35 mark is a good deal.

Harpers are currently offering a free 7 day membership.. thats 7 days without paying. Dont know if you've got one near you or not?

In terms of Joining Fee's, I do over-time at work selling memberships, and things like Joining Fee's tend to be flexible. Try and sign up on a Sunday, when weekly totals need to be met, or in the last couple of days of a month - again you'll find sales staff become very flexible when they need to secure another 20 sales over a couple of days!

If you can hold out untill after Christmas, EVERY gym has huge deals on at the begining of January, so you'll probably find Joining Fee's will be waivered, and you'll get a month (or two's) membership for nowt!