Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

im soooooo brave!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok im nearly 25 but im such a big brave girl. im so proud of myself. was just at the dentist to get xray results and he told me i would need a tooth out or my wisdom tooth wouldnt grow in properly and i would need it surgically removed. he said i could come back another time and have the tooth removed as i am terrified of the dentist. i had 3 teeth out last year and i had to get drugs from the doc to get me through it( they didnt work). i cried and cried and cried.
WELL this time i decided to bite the bullet and told him to go for it. the longer i waited the more time i would have to worry myself. so i did it, yay! not a tear but i shook like a leaf. my whole body was shakin.

christ you wuld think i was ten years old but yay for me!

i want dough from the tooth fairy now!:D

Comments

• Options
    Re: im soooooo brave!!!
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    i decided to bite the bullet

This explains your need for dental work. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    come on man someone humour me and tell me i deserve a lollipop!;)
  • Options
    Good for you! I know exactly how you feel. I HATE the dentist real bad. I had to have half of my tooth cut out because my fillin fell out about 5 years ago and I left it for so long it was just getting chipped away and then I had an abscess on and then I knew I HAD to go and have it out so I went to the nervous patients clinic and just had the thing pulled. I wasn't as bad as I thought.... still hated it though :(.
  • Options
    I had two teeth out as a youngster, I loved every second of the whole experience. Dentists are ace - they have gas to put you asleep!
  • Options
    Originally posted by captain kirk
    I had two teeth out as a youngster, I loved every second of the whole experience. Dentists are ace - they have gas to put you asleep!

i dont fancy havin gas. i had a vvvvv bad experience getting a tooth out when i was young and thats why im terrified now. one bad experience can fuck everything up. oh well,
    IM STILL BRAVE!:D
  • Options
    Dentists are ace - they have gas to put you asleep!

not any more.

they have gas and air now, but it doesn't do much.

i am REALLY scared of dentists. they have to sedate me to even get me to stay in that chair. so i think you're brave.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i am REALLY scared of dentists.

Has anybody seen the musical "Little Shop of Horrors" with Steve Martin as the sadistic dentist? It's very funny.
  • Options
    Has anybody seen the musical "Little Shop of Horrors" with Steve Martin as the sadistic dentist? It's very funny.

:yes:

that's my favourite musical.

best part is where they have the masochistic patient. bill murray i think. most entertaining.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    come on man someone humour me and tell me i deserve a lollipop!;)

Well, I wouldn't say that you need a lollipop, but I just say that you deserve a well deserved patt on the back for making it through getting a tooth/teeth pulled, because I know that it was hell, for me, and shaking, for me, when I had my left, upper wisdom tooth pulled out and it hurt like hell for about a week or more, after it was pulled, and it hurt like fucking hell to swallow, but, sorry, if I scare anyone, with that story.
  • Options
    i've never had to have any dental work. my teeth have always been fine.

but im shitting it because I had a jaw x-ray done once and they noticed that my wisdom teeth might be coming through at a funny angle or something, and they said at the time i might need to go back in the future to have them taken out. :(
  • Options
    Badabing!

Get a grip! :p It is not worse than having a baby. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    i've never had to have any dental work. my teeth have always been fine.

but im shitting it because I had a jaw x-ray done once and they noticed that my wisdom teeth might be coming through at a funny angle or something, and they said at the time i might need to go back in the future to have them taken out. :(

thats why i had my tooth taken out to give room for my wisdom tooth because it was growing in at a funny angle. the other 3 grew in fine because i had 3 teeth removed last year(they had to be pulled) so they had plenty room.
    dentist said my wisdom tooth was moving towards my jaw bone and it would cause problems sooner or later so it was get the tooth out or have the wisdom tooth taken out under anesthetic.
    JEESO MAN I AM SOOOOOOO BRAVE! ;) GET ME A BLUE PETER BADGE RIGHT NOW.

before anyone gets all serious and shouts at me, i know there ar worse thing! im just proud of myself as im seriously scared of the dentist. well maybe not so much now ive been so brave
  • Options
    I just realised I have an extra tooth on the bottom left of my mouth... it must be a wisdom tooth. But there are no others on the other three places. Strange. Looks fine though. I haven't been to a dentist for nearly four years... maybe its about time I had a check-up...

Anyway, back to the thread - i've discovered the best way to get through these things to to bite the bullet and get it done and over with. Even in my youth whenever I got a wobbly tooth I just pulled it out (or maybe I'm just a psycho...)

Well done on getting over your fear, though!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks

Well done on getting over your fear, though!

cheers ma man :thumb: