Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Few General Questions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
This is harsh, 20 minutes ago I had loads of questions to put in this thread, but my mind's just gone blank. Oh well..

Right, according to ush.net, both Slammin' Vinyl (Sanctuary) and Breaking Science (Camden Palace) have booked MC Skibadee for the Midnight set on NYE. Both events look like they're going to be huge, but who d'ya think's going to nab him for the all important time? :confused:

And, Skive (or anyone who's been to a recent Sanctuary event), what were the security like? I heard some really bad things about them (random strip searches in front of the whole queue - culprits being taken off in police cars, people being thrown out physically for being sick in the sinks and even cleaning it up, and just acting like general twats.) Were they really that bad? I'm shit scared of going on NYE now. :nervous:

But someone suggested that they might be a bit better on NYE at the Sanctuary 'cos they'll have to hire more security (other firms) to manage the Rollers and Big Top, etc so do you think they'll be a bit less harsh?

And also, when you lot are going to club of your choice, how do you get your party prescriptions through the doors? And when you are being searched what are your rights? I didn't think they could perform random strip searches? Also, (again to Skive) you mentioned that you took some Pro Plus in with you, did you hide them for the search or just in your pocket? And if so, were they funny about them?

Hope everyone's having a good night, and have a banging Christmas! :D:thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Most of the blokes that I know who carry stuff into a club wear briefs that night and with most of those there is a section down the front where there are two layers of fabric. its hard to explain, but well if you have some you'll know what I mean. This is an easy place to put it in a baggie.

Some I know also put them in their shoes, but then a lot of places get you to take them off now so that dont work.

I guess theres also the drastic option too, but I've always thought if you have to do that to get in I'd rather not go.

Oh and as far as searches go, I'm relatively sure they dont really have any rights as such apart from to stop you getting in. So if you dont like the search you can always so no and walk off. It is then up to the police, if they are there to decide whether they have grounds to stop and search you.
  • Options
    I know one of the security at the Sanctuary.. lovely bloke. The security are strict, hands down your trousers business, shoes off etc BUT theyre decent people. And, if youre caught with drugs they send you off into a certain area and then pack you all off with the polcie who send u to the station to be charged and then police then drop you back off at the venue.

Very strict, but at least that makes it safe. So hide the drugs very well....
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    hands down your trousers business, shoes off etc

:crazyeyes If they're this thorough, well, where can you stash 'em!? And before you suggest it, not a chance. :(:p

Surely they would do a groin and shoe check on everyone. Last time they did a thorough search and nearly went up to my groin area, and my heart started racing. Y'all got me damn paranoid now. :nervous:

Also, does anyone think if they found you with Pro Plus tablets/capsules they'd confiscate them or be OK with it?
  • Options
    I'd say they are pretty likely to just throw them away, I'd guess they wouldnt want you selling them in the club as pills, which is possible.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by z0ma
    :Also, does anyone think if they found you with Pro Plus tablets/capsules they'd confiscate them or be OK with it?

My mates and I hid our pro plus because my mate has had them confiscated before. At Uproar the security was tight on the door but if you wanted to get something in there it wouldn't be that hard - it's just mean stuffing a bag of gear between your cheeks or down your boxers.

I was being searched one of the security warned me to take off my silver chain because of the number of scousers in there (Birkenhead wankers) - I was quite impressed with that.

I've heard all sorts of nasty stories about the security at the Sancturary but I've been over 12 times now and I've never had a problem.

...and Skiba will be at One Nation/Slammin Vinyl mate!
    Weekender Offender