Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Age Concern

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think that I began posting here in August 2001 when I was 19 and very bored at work (selling women's underwear at the time). Now I have officially left my youth behind as I turned 22 yesterday. However, this is not the jolly occasion it may seem.

I went out on Monday for a social drink which quickly decended into a binge drinking session. At about 11.30pm I became aware that I was only 21 (the zenith of life) for another 30 minutes. I used this time to guzzle down a few double Jack Daniels and "get off" with the closest willing girl. My memory of the rest of the night was spent being depressed, very drunk and avoiding said "girl" from earlier.

The following morning was not the best, I lay hung-over in my bed feeling very sorry for myself. My birthday gifts were made up entirely of cash, DVDs and boxer-shorts - it dawned on me that I will never recieve a BMX or wrestling figures ever again. My mate's informed me that I resembled a "puddle of regret".

After two bottles of Lucozade I got up, went for a curry with the boys and then went out to a club again. It seemed that every member of the female gender were much younger than me and I felt like a dirty pervert as I "accidently" eyed them up in their hot-pants. It didn't help that one girl who walked too close to me drinking "birthday cocktails" and got chatted-up, told me she was 15 (she looked older, honest)!

Narrowly avoiding the next few years in prison, I returned home, very drunk and seriously needing to release the curry from earlier.

Now, I realize that I'm not collecting my pension yet, but today's hang-over (which is truly awe inspiring) has made me consider that I might be getting old.

Why is God doing this to me?

Comments

• Options
    nonsense.

22 isn't old. 22 is sprightly and young.

someone please agree with me.
  • Options
    I think its due to the fact that you are forcing your body to be older by all the abuse you give it!
    Don't think you will ever stop though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    nonsense.

I agree with you, although in Captainkirks case his inners have been battered for years!:eek2:
  • Options
    nonsense.

Only coz youre 22 :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Only coz youre 22 :p

um. shush now.
  • Options
    nonsense.

I agree! :D:p

No, really, I do. ;) My brothers are 24, and 27, and I seriously don't think they look or feel old, nevermind a 22 year old such as yourself.
  • Options
    22 old!!!??! What?!? That's the best time of your life! Money, independence, hardly any responsibilities, ability to go out and get hammered legally all over the world, you can travel independently, buy a house, do whatever the hell you want! God, 22 old? You sad sad man...
  • Options
    Mr Glasgow man, feeling a bit post whorey today? :p *remembers the days*

And heh, old man. I'm 18 now. 18!! Aren't I old? :p *remembers when you sold undies* Have you missed meee? :p (Say yes or I steal all your pot noodles :mad: )
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Mr Glasgow man, feeling a bit post whorey today? :p *remembers the days*

And heh, old man. I'm 18 now. 18!! Aren't I old? :p *remembers when you sold undies* Have you missed meee? :p (Say yes or I steal all your pot noodles :mad: )
    Is this for me or for the old codger?!? Undies!??! What?!? Yeah, feeling slightly post whorey, but at least it's decent stuff! And I'm putting off an essay that I need to do for Tuesday... :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    Is this for me or for the old codger?!? Undies!??! What?!? Yeah, feeling slightly post whorey, but at least it's decent stuff! And I'm putting off an essay that I need to do for Tuesday... :no:

The last bit was meant for captain kirk. :p The bit in the thread where he said he sold undies might have been a hint. :p
  • Options
    Look, dinnae get cheeky wi' me ye wee whippersnapper!!! Just looked back and checked... Yeah, he sold women's underwear.. You're right... Sorry... Apologies... My mistake... (you get the idea...)
  • Options
    Wait til you turn 23 next year. It's all downhill from 23 :yes:
  • Options
    How can it be?!?! 23 is still young! Think about it, you've still (potentially) got another 50+ years to live! How can it all be downhill when you're only a third of the way there?
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    How can it be?!?! 23 is still young! Think about it, you've still (potentially) got another 50+ years to live! How can it all be downhill when you're only a third of the way there?

Because you get to the age where all your mates have been with their partners for a good few years, and are getting engaged/married/buying houses/having babies and being all generally growned up. And no one ever wants to go out anymore. And even when once in a blue moon you do go out, you are surrounded by 18 year olds. And you have to go to work, and pay bills and be all responsible. And all of that makes you feel old :p :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Just coz everyone's all growed up doesn't mean you have to as well. I have to pay bills, hardly go out, have responsibilities, but I don't feel old...
  • Options
    Ye I just turned the big 20 last week and already am having some mid life reviews!

And nmo what ya mean about the younger women..... but your only as young as the woman your feeling!
    Im still a big kid myself so dont think I'll ever grow old!

Its of to Tir Na Nóg for me