Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ballet and horses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right- 2 questions,

1 - does anyone know how much ballet pointe shoes are??

and

2 - how much are horse riding gloves??

Reason being, i dont have a clue! and wondering where to find them....

thanx for anyhelp:)

xxxxxxxx H xxxxxxx

Comments

• Options
    Re: ballet and horses
    Originally posted by _Hermione_

2 - how much are horse riding gloves??

depends if you want the £1.50 magic pimple palm gloves, or the £5 cotton pimple palm gloves, or the £20 crochet backed leather plamed gloves or the £50 posh leather showing gloves.

are you actually wanting to ride, or just pose?

if you're actually wanting to ride, i recommend the cotton ones for about a fiver. they last forever, and they're thin enough so you can actually feel the reins, but still padded in the places you don't want rubbed to high hell.

if you just want to pose, then it's up to you.

edited to add: you'll be able to pick up the cheap ones in a lot of bigger pet shops or sports shops. for the posher ones have a shufty through the yellow pages for riding equipment or saddlers.

and try this site for mail order. muchos bargains to be had.
  • Options
    yeh that above for the riding gloves and this below for the shoes;

pointe shoes vary in cost. it depends what make, style, size, material yadda yadda you want, and of course where you get them from.

you could get a reasonably decent pair for about £30 from any good dancewear store.
  • Options
    i think u got your answers here already :)
  • Options
    i got my leather riding gloves for 15 squid, outta a riding catalouge, there really good, good grip and all that

in winter though you might want some warmer ones with the sticker thingy bobs on the bottom for grip
  • Options
    awww thank you!! you guys are great:)
    i used to ride, and i couldnt think how much they were, my cousin is startig to ride next year:) and pointe shoes are for me.....as im hopin to go back to dancing, and thinking about it- i wanna go with my cusin too... hmmmm oh well..

Thanx again :D

sarah xxxxx