Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Substitute for alcohol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
With alcohol it personally takes me quite a while to get drunk no matter what wild mixtures I drink. So I was wondering:

Is there a drug that is 100% safe{or near enough} to take & get the same results as alcohol but in a shorter & cheaper fashion?

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Substitute for alcohol
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Is there a drug that is 100% safe{or near enough} to take & get the same results as alcohol but in a shorter & cheaper fashion?

Your never going to get the same effect as alcohol using another drug. What sort of 'results' are you looking for?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    With alcohol it personally takes me quite a while to get drunk no matter what wild mixtures I drink. So I was wondering:

rocket fuel maybe ...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Substitute for alcohol
    Originally posted by Skive
    What sort of 'results' are you looking for?

Suppose a totally not with it effect but not I believe I can fly effects. Suppose like a sedative.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Substitute for alcohol
    Suppose a totally not with it effect but not I believe I can fly effects. Suppose like a sedative.

Possibly Opium,drugs like that, but nothing can match alcohol.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru

Crispy, I think have said this to you before, no drug is 100% safe! Not even near enough for there to be no risk involved in taking it.....
  • Options
    you do realise that alcohol is not 100% safe either...?
  • Options
    As said, you're never going to get a drug that's 100% safe, or exactly matches the effects of alcohol, but you might wanna check out GHB, or to a lesser extent, ether.

You'll find detailed info about them here.
  • Options
    Oh, and don't touch opium.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    As said, you're never going to get a drug that's 100% safe, or exactly matches the effects of alcohol, but you might wanna check out GHB, or to a lesser extent, ether.

You'll find detailed info about them here.

Or here for GHB and here for solvents and inhalants.
  • Options
    I think i'll just stick to alcohol & my odd bit of cannabis.

Don't fancy dabbling in matters unknown.

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    IDon't fancy dabbling in matters unknown. [/B]

All the more for me then! :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Valium, followed by a few beers is enough to make me and my fella drunk as a pair of skunks.

Thats if you can get hold of any..
  • Options
    Dont do that, it really is pretty stupid, no offence lil-minx, but mixing a benzo with booze is just plain crazy.

If you are looking for a sedative that is somewhat similar to booze then I would say GHB is your best bet. However it is illegal, and of course as with anything you need to know what you are doing.
  • Options
    Of course,

mixing any drugs is pretty irrisponsible!

however, in my defence its never messed me up ~ i used to get them off a friend who was given to him by a doctor to have with alcohol to help with his alcoholism.

but, youre right it is silly
  • Options
    Any doctor who hands out Valium to go with alcohol should be struck off.

If you are using benzos to help someone come off booze then they should be combined with antibiotics which react badly when the person drinks. In this way they can not drink with the Valium, it is a tried and tested method and getting the person to mix them is asking for trouble.
  • Options
    Well you may well be right and id be inclined with you to agree its not sensible - however, i dont think its good to claim that you know more than a doctor.

rightly or wrongly, he gave him valium along with a heap of other medication - temazies.. so that when he drank a few drinks he felt pissed so wudnt have to driunk as much but still ahd drink in him as to not shock the system.
  • Options
    I dont have the medical training to claim that I have more knowledge than a doctor, however I do know that benzos should never be mixed with alcohol. That is a straight rule, theres no getting away from that.

I dont know the whole situation so it would be somewhat foolish of me to rush to judgement, however to me it sounds a lot like a very dodgy judgement on the side of the doctor.
  • Options
    it may be