Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

World Aids Day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It is World Aids Day today, is anyone's college or work doing anything to raise awareness of it?

Also I would like to take this opportunity to remember Rubberskin, although he didn't die of his HIV he did have it and he was an inspiration to us all.

Comments

• Options
    Re: World Aids Day
    Originally posted by jellygirl

Also I would like to take this opportunity to remember Rubberskin, although he didn't die of his HIV he did have it and he was an inspiration to us all.

Seconded, i often sit & think about him. I expect Kev is having a brill time wherever he is :).
  • Options
    Yeh me too, I still have him on my buddies list.
  • Options
    Well, I never really Knew Rubberskin, but yeah, I think that more people should be made aware of HIV and AIDS along with the risks and such.
  • Options
    we did in college. i showed my support by giving a donation and wearing the red bow thingy. i hope you lot did too
  • Options
    But don't all people with HIV die as a result of their lack in immune system, or did Rubberskin die of something completely irrelevant?
  • Options
    i think it was a shame that the mods took his diary down. im sure they needed space and what not, but i think it would have been nice to keep that one up, for rememberance and awareness you know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    But don't all people with HIV die as a result of their lack in immune system, or did Rubberskin die of something completely irrelevant?

he committed suicide. rest his soul.
  • Options
    i bet having HIV and AIDS is a real head fuck, i mean i'd feel pretty fucking low if i knew i'd caught a disease that is slowly goin to allow every other disease and virus floating about into my system. i really feel for the people who are suffering from it. and i reckon that due who knowingly infected those women is a sick motherfucker
  • Options
    Our school did nothing. Not even the ribbons. I was quite disgusted after the fuss they made about Children in Need that they didnt make any effort at all for this, not even seeling ribbons. I bought mine elsewhere.
  • Options
    bought a ribbon in school and we had a mufti day:)