Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

decisions decisions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my partner is proposing to me on my coming birthday, and he wanted me to go and choose the ring with him but i've said no, as I trust him and I want his choice to be a nice suprise, although i've said i'll give him an idea of what sort of ring i like. He likes clusters, although Im not too keen, I prefer a nice solitair, or the ones with some diamonds set into the band (like this).

What i was asking really was this; i dont want one that is too thin in the band (for example this), and id prefer it to be in yellow gold, rather than white gold or platinum; what style do you think, within those guidlines, would look nicer when you catch a glimpse of it if i were walking by you, or showing it around at the engagement party; which do you think is more aesthetically pleasing in your opinion? And please can some men answer this, as im intruged as to what taste men have in rings, as this is of course going to influence his decision!

and yes, i know, i shouldnt go on what you lot say; im just a bit stumped and open to ideas :)

Comments

• Options
    You should empty your pm box :p.

Right yes here is a pic of my ring as requested, not a great pic.

It's just a simple got one with a diamond in the middle. I like simple rings like this, more delicate kinda things.
    Chris picked mine but i made sure i hinted enough at what i liked lol.
  • Options
    Forgot to add, it really should be what you want deep down though not what others are gonna like.
    I knew what i wanted. Have a look through catalogues & stuff.
  • Options
    sorry i didnt realise i was full!

thats beautiful, see i do love them like that, I just dont think it would suit me, i think you have to have really beautiful hands to pull off a ring like that, and im not saying i have ugly hands or anything, but theres something that says i want a ring to complement my hands, whereas though it looks fantastic on you but i think your ring on me would look too delicate, and we wouldnt go together. Gorgeous though :D how did he propse???
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    Gorgeous though :D how did he propse???

Thanks.
    Well he didn't do what he had planned which was take me back to the place we met & first kissed. He kinda bottled out i think.
    He asked me on my birthday, wasn't all romantic but nice all the same. He asked me to marry him & i told him i wouldn't answer him until he got down on one knee :D. Heh
    That was at home in bed ;).
  • Options
    i'm after one like tweety's, but with a white gold (or platinum if he's feeling generous ;) are you reading this?) band. i think anything too over the top is just ugly. i'm all about the simple things.

plus when i had my old ring, i found the diamond caught on EVERYTHING and i managed to injure myself on it all the time, so i want a little, pretty, as flat as possible one.

it's all about what you want.
  • Options
    aw thats so cute!

My partner says hey's doing it on my birthday, but now he regrets telling me as he wants it to be a suprise, so it could happen the day before, im not quite sure, i think he'll try and make it a bit of a shock again, but i cant wait, im really looking forward to it, im having a shopping spree in london for my birthday off my parents, so im going to get my hair and nails done, get san tropez'd, get the new shoes and the new dress yadda yadda, and be all prepared for my evening of lurve! how shite would it be if he bottled out?! LOL, id do it myself i think :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i'm after one like tweety's, but with a white gold band.

see i really love white gold, but i already have a gold, ameythist and diamond ring he bought my for my 16th on my right hand, and i wear it every day and dont want to stop wearing it, but i cant do gold on one hand and white gold on the other, that would look stupid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    see i really love white gold, but i already have a gold, ameythist and diamond ring he bought my for my 16th on my right hand, and i wear it every day and dont want to stop wearing it, but i cant do gold on one hand and white gold on the other, that would look stupid.

that's a good point. i hate when people do that.

also part of the reason i want white gold, other than the fact that i hate yellow gold and it looks all wrong with my skin tone, is that i have two silver bands on my right hand that i never take off, and i watch to be all matchy :D