Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pot and prozac

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
a question taken from the other thead, but I remember a while ago somebody once mentioning you shouldn't smoke pot if you're on prozac. Is that true? Are there certian effects? Just curiousity asking.

Comments

• Options
    Re: pot and prozac
    Originally posted by my_name
    a question taken from the other thead, but I remember a while ago somebody once mentioning you shouldn't smoke pot if you're on prozac. Is that true? Are there certian effects? Just curiousity asking.
    i don't think anyone can realy say as the resesearch just hasn't been done. if you smoke pot ...why take chemicals?
  • Options
    Re: Re: pot and prozac
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i don't think anyone can realy say as the resesearch just hasn't been done. if you smoke pot ...why take chemicals?

Well, because as any sufferer of clinical depression knows, Prozac can be wonderful for relieving depression...

But it doesn't stop people wanting to get "high" - something that Prozac definitely doesn't do for me - just stops me getting those depressive "lows".
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: pot and prozac
    Originally posted by BenK
    Well, because as any sufferer of clinical depression knows, Prozac can be wonderful for relieving depression...

But it doesn't stop people wanting to get "high" - something that Prozac definitely doesn't do for me - just stops me getting those depressive "lows".
    good un benk ...
  • Options
    Chemicaly they dont cause any serious problems when you combine them, but as Morrocan said saying this for sure is nigh on impossible because of the lack of research.

I think the reason most people dont recomend mixing them is because obviously if you are on Prozac or any other form of anti-depressant it might not be wise for you to be doing other drugs as well. I would say its more a note of caution in terms of what it could do rather than an out right no.