Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

labour saving devices!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lets take the popular bread maker ...
one of the best labour saving devices invented. why? because no one ever uses them for long ...shove it in a cupboard somewhere and forget about it ...now thats labour saving.

Comments

• Options
    I reckon bread makers are going to be this decades sandwich toaster. Everybody will get one, use it for a bit, then as you say - shove it in a cupboard and forget about it.
    How can a bread maker be a labour saving device. That's what bakeries and convenience stores are for. Popping out for five minutes to get a loaf is much more labour saving than making my own bread, even if making it with a bread maker.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I reckon bread makers are going to be this decades sandwich toaster. Everybody will get one, use it for a bit, then as you say - shove it in a cupboard and forget about it.
    How can a bread maker be a labour saving device. That's what bakeries and convenience stores are for. Popping out for five minutes to get a loaf is much more labour saving than making my own bread, even if making it with a bread maker.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    exactly ....as well as one of them gathering dust we have a yoghurt maker! for fucks sake it takes an age to make some very dodgy yog ...just pop to tesco and buy the bleedin things.
  • Options
    I used to love our breadmaker, I used to put all the ingredients in before we went to bed, then use the bread for sarnies in the morning. Then we lost the recipe book. Ooooooops.