Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

drugs..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
frighten me

why? why would u do that?! does it not fuck up your body and ur life? and is it not expensive??

Comments

• Options
    Re: drugs..
    Originally posted by tittletattle
    frighten me

why? why would u do that?! does it not fuck up your body and ur life? and is it not expensive??
    it's much cheaper than alcohol. it's not new. all generations in all cultures have taken mind/mood altering substances ...just the first time to my knowledge its been made illegal ...thereby giving control to the villain and terrorist instead of to the apothocary and the pharmasist. yes they can fuck you up ...just like alcohol, food, gambling, formula one racing, bunjee jumping etc.
    i have been taking illegals for nearly 36 years and i'm extremely fit and well thankyou.
  • Options
    my mate says exactly the same, i cant get my head around it!

u dont get social drug takers really do ya, cuz u can drink 4 a laff but not be alcoholic, but ive always thort that, (no offence), someone who takes drugs kinda needs to?

takin drugs for 30 odd years, dont u get the shakes all the time, my mates constantly twitchin, it really worries me what he must be doin to his body but he, like you, says its not all that dangerous ..
  • Options

u dont get social drug takers really do ya, cuz u can drink 4 a laff but not be alcoholic, but ive always thort that, (no offence), someone who takes drugs kinda needs to?

Yes you do get social drug takers.

What i don't understand is, you go on about people drinking alcohol. Alcohol is a drug too y'know, so if you drink that, then you're a drug user. No two ways about it.
  • Options

takin drugs for 30 odd years, dont u get the shakes all the time, my mates constantly twitchin, it really worries me what he must be doin to his body but he, like you, says its not all that dangerous ..

Depends on the drug. Heroin is different from cannabis which is different from LSD etc.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    someone who takes drugs kinda needs to?

An addict needs drugs same as an alcoholic needs drink
    A drug user (not abuser) enjoys using drugs the same way people enjoy a drink.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

takin drugs for 30 odd years, dont u get the shakes all the time,
    LOL ...I DON'T HAVE A SINGLE TWITCH!
    i have been addicted to heroin and nicotine. i kicked the heroin in 86. i'm still fighting the nicotine.
    i have enjoyed most drugs going but now i'm happy to smoke weed and drink. i am one of the fittest healthiest 50yr olds you could ever meet. serioulsly. there is no way you would be able to tell i'm a drug user. no way to tell i've been a heroin addict.
    i recently had a stomach ulcer treated ...and in the process had a very thorough medical. my liver and kidneys, my heart, my blood pressure ...all working near perfect. i am big and physicaly strong. i have bags of energy.
    my mates who over the years stuck to the beer are all fat and nackered with blood pressure problems etc.
    and i'm sat here having a wee spliffy as i speak ...
  • Options
    Heh rolly speaks wise words! See i'd say i have a bigger problem with alcohol than drugs apart from the solvents and thats work in progress i mean if i go out to drink i get really drunk but if im out and someone offers me a joint i'll say yes but i'm not a big user at all! and its alllllllllll herbal :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Yes you do get social drug takers.

What i don't understand is, you go on about people drinking alcohol. Alcohol is a drug too y'know, so if you drink that, then you're a drug user. No two ways about it.

:yes: :yes:

What i find frustrating are certain people (i know lots) who try to put me down, try to tell me im wrong and stupid for using drugs and how terrible they are for my body, but then go out and drink.

The way i see it no person who drinks should feel they have the right to speak to me in a condesending (sp) tone or lecture me about the dangers of drugs. If they dont drink, then fair enough.

Tbh, i think if it was practical for the governenment alcohol would be illegal too! Alcohol is a drug, its a fact, the only difference is its not illegal despite its dangers. Its impractical for it to be made illegal. It couldnt and wouldnt work. At least this way, there is a control over it.

Many (if not most) takers of illegal drugs are aware of the dangers which allow them to act in a way to decrease the chance of a bad situation occuring, however many drinkers underestimate the dangers of alcohol. It shouldnt be like this.
  • Options

im not trying to pick holes, because i think youve posted a good post trying to educate yourself about why people do drugs - its good, however. If you need to do drugs as you assume some people do, then surely doing them would be what they should do? If you need to do something then in my belief you should do it. Whats the problem.

However, i think that nobody should need to start drugs. There is no need involved unless youre addicted its just a desire.
  • Options
    Well yes drugs can ruin your life and i'm sure have for plently of people, but most drug users are casual drug users like a casual drinker is.

Yes, there are people who smoke their spliffs most days, then drink and have class a's at the weekend, what's the problem with that? If people want to take other drugs instead of alcohol then so be it, it's each persons choice.

People have got to relax and chill out at the weekend, if some people decide to have ecstacy or cocaine then so be it, just because alcohol is legal dosen't make it any better.
  • Options
    why? why would u do that?! does it not fuck up your body and ur life? and is it not expensive??"

I thought exactly the same thing and to be honest never even crossed my mind to try it until relatively late. It was a case of being bored with getting pissed, going the chippy, getting involved in scraps and falling asleep in the taxi on the way home.

It's not something that takes over your life, unless you've an addictive personality in which case you would probably be one of those who go out for a drink and end up bladdered every time.

I lead a very normal life but when I go out at the weekend I use coke, E's and weed. It's in the house all week and i'm not into it all week, like i'm not necking the vodkas all week just cos it's in the house. I'd never say, "Give it a go, it's ace". Just don't judge people who do with the stereotypes that are put about.
  • Options
    bet ya still get pissed andy when your out though?
  • Options
    Oh yes, but it's extremely well complemented!
  • Options
    andy booth ...you should get off your fat lazy fucking arse and ...

post more often in here ...and in anything goes ...you are so down to earth mate!
  • Options
    I'm more of a lurker, with the occasional input. It's a cracking site though.

People come on here with little or no knowledge of drugs. They are curious and, depending on their stance are treated well and are given good advice. I wish I'd known about it before I started.

My favourites though are the ones who come on here totally slating drugs and their users. I just sit back and watch their prejudices get torn apart one by one. I think, without exception they all concede by the 2nd page of posts.
  • Options
    im not totally slating drugs at all, my boyfriends on drugs and i just wanted to understand it more rather than moan at him without knowin nethin about it first.

to be honest i find it really interesting, i dont think i could do it myself cuz i think im the kind of person who would get addicted.. like u sed, i go out 4 a drink and come back wasted! im not havin a go at anyone, im just interested!
  • Options
    What drugs does your boyfriend use?
  • Options
    im not totally slating drugs at all, my boyfriends on drugs and i just wanted to understand it more rather than moan at him without knowin nethin about it first.

to be honest i find it really interesting, i dont think i could do it myself cuz i think im the kind of person who would get addicted.. like u sed, i go out 4 a drink and come back wasted! im not havin a go at anyone, im just interested!

the only readily available drug i know you can get addicted to is alcohol, 40,000 people a year die from alcohol, either direct or indirect, alcohol is the worst drug out there, remember, if you get addicted to drink, you need it every day, if you then stop drinking your brain becomes aware of its surroundings with increased activity, causing a stroke and possible death, with the exception of heroin, no other drug can do this sort of damage. with drugs, you must forget stereotype, whatever you've heard and just experiment, you definately will not get addicted immediately and if you like it, try it at weekends or whenever you're in the mood.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    with the exception of heroin, no other drug can do this sort of damage.
    bit of a popular missconception this one. heroin does no damage to any bodily organs or thinking processes. i hammered it for years and everything is in tip top condition.
    thermedical proffession are in agreement about this.
    but the crap they put in it can be devastating!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    What drugs does your boyfriend use?

i duno really, pills and coke and ket?!
    it must be harmin his body cuz hes constantly twitchin and jumpin wenever he relaxes

he deals too, so a night out with him is great fun :impissed:
  • Options
    Pills coke and ket in moderation and used sensibly don't tend to cause many problems with most people. But its quite easy for recreational use to spill over into problem use, especially with cocaine.