Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Left family home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At what age did you leave your family home to explore pastures new as in gone to uni, your own place etc?

I want to now but can't afford it :(

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    I was 16. I moved in with my boyfriend.
  • Options
    16, I moved in with my boyfriend. We split up and I went back home for around 6 months, then my rents split and me an my mum have got somewhere together. Will be moving out again sometime next mid year.
  • Options
    18...and haven't looked back since :)
  • Options
    Well I'm at uni, and I was 18 when I left, but I still think of my parents' home as my real home. I won't really have moved out until I get a place of my own and live there all the time. I still go 'home' at weekends and I'll be going back at holidays too.
  • Options
    19, it was the best thing I ever did :)
  • Options
    I'd love to move away from home, not because I hate my family or anything, but because I like the idea of just coming home and being able to do my own thing without having to make concessions to my family... basically they cramp my style.

Anyway, I won't be moving out at least until next september when I go to uni and even then it'll be halls for the first year.
  • Options

Dunno if it's been a good thing or not.
  • Options
    I'd LOVE to leave home. :(

But, I've been told I need to stay cause me Mam and Dad're in debt. :impissed:

They need my rent, tbh.

I said though, that when I moved out, I'd send them money, but they're all "Nooooooooo, just STAY! We'll do your meals, washing, etc."

I want to go out and live on my own, and have partieeeees.
  • Options
    I left for 2 years at 18 when I went to Uni then came back for a year whilst on work placement which was near home and then away for a year when I went back to Uni and then back again ever since!!

I think in an ideal it world be nice to have a place of my own around the corner or something so I could do my own thing but benefit from being nearby ... ideally within 300 Metres so I could make use of the wireless Broadband network at home ... LOL :D
  • Options
    I was 18, left home, went to America. Was forced to become terribly happy and contented with my lot.
  • Options
    I so want my own place, or to share with a friend or I would love to move in with my boyfriend so that I could have a sex life in my own bed, I could get as drunk as I liked and I could get stoned in the comfort of my own home. Ooh also I could play my music loud and have parties!
  • Options
    I went to uni for 3 years when I was 18, but had to come back when I graduated and can't afford to move out again!