Home› Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Do you use Snapchat? 👻

ellaella Community Manager Posts: 189 Helping Hand
edited July 16 in Community Announcements
Howdy!! 🤠

We're curious about your Snapchat habits! Do you use it? What do you love about it?

We're thinking about bringing The Mix to Snapchat and want to make sure we're building something you'll actually enjoy.

Tell us:

Do you use Snapchat? If so, why?

What do you love/hate about the app?

How do you think Mix could use Snapchat to its advantage?

Comments

• Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,120 Boards Guru
    Snapchat is one of the main apps I use tbh. Mainly for communicating with friends and family. I love how easy it is to contact people but don't know how easy it'd be for a charity to manage. I feel like if thought out well it could be put to advantage I just don't know how as I don't know if it's been done before aha
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • SlinkySlinky Posts: 411 Listening Ear
    I do but only to see what my friends/family are up to and to talk to them. Usually I’m on and off it in 5 mins.

It could work but I guess it depends on what the goal is.

I’d be more likely to watch, like and comment on TheMix content on platforms like insta stories/reels , tiktok , YouTube shorts .. and that’s about it for me😅

The Mix content used to come up on my tiktok fyp and i wasn’t even following so it does reach people
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,420 Wise Owl
    I use snapchat but mostly just to message my friends and family tbh.

Part of me feels it could work (not entirely sure how) whereas part of me agrees with @Slinky in that I'd probably be more likely to engage with content on Instagram and TikTok tbh.

Not to be a complete dampener of the idea - I'd still probably try and see what's posted on snapchat if it did happen, but I'd be more likely to use other platforms
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,089 Legendary Poster
    I use Snapchat because I like the filters.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Rose113Rose113 Posts: 1,838 Extreme Poster
    The mix Snapchat filters 🤣🤣🤣 id be using them daily haha
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,301 Boards Champion
    I use Snapchat exclusively for the filters 😂
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
    People can use it to no wat ur up 2 n where u r. Coz users are given a feature to point to where the other user is. Thts quite dangerous
    Crazy mad insane
  • Rose113Rose113 Posts: 1,838 Extreme Poster
    @ellie2000 u can disable that, I have mine set to certain people
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free
  • lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @ella I do use snapchat for speaking to some friends and family and I have a group chat on there for freshers but I'll be honest although I use snapchat I mute the app because of the amount of notifications it can send out