Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

🟩 Support Group Break (May 27 - 9 June)

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,056 Boards Guru
edited May 28 in Community Announcements
giphy.gif
Alt text: black woodland creature lying in tent with blankets, fairy lights, and a book.

If you don't know what a Support Group break is, click the spoiler below. ⤵
What is a Support Group break?
Roughly three times a year, we have a week (or two) where we take a break from running group chats. These breaks allow staff, volunteers, and you guys to take a breather. If you use Support Groups often, breaks are a good opportunity to try new services and expand your support network. :)

When we can, we also use these periods to review community feedback, reflect on how things are going in the community, and look what we might want to work on next.

We're going to be scheduling in our next one sooner than expected as a lot of our volunteers are going through exams at the moment and we've noticed we've had to close quite a few sessions recently. We'll use this time to recruit some new volunteers so we're ready to open chats again with a more consistent service :)

When is the next break?
The next break will be from Monday 27th May - Sunday 9th June .

This break will include all of our support groups, Tuesday and Thursday Support Circle, and Friday chat threads. The usual Support Group schedule will resume on Monday 10th June (head over to our Support Group calendar for more information).

We will still be running our Collage Club on Thursday 30th May and our Saturday Revision Body Doubling sessions :)

There will be a Community Quiz on Thursday 6th June, 6-7pm! Check out our announcement here. 👀

Where can I go instead?
These discussion boards will be open as normal, 24/7.

If you're at breaking point and need help urgently, head to this thread for crisis options.

If you want somewhere like General Chat, you can check out:
Questions? Drop them below :)
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,911 Master Poster
    We`ve only just had a chat break recently so why again this quickly? I guess that it`s a busy time with exams so we can`t guarantee mod availability anyway.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,056 Boards Guru
    Great question @Dancer. I added something into the spoiler which you might not have seen yet to explain why this one is a bit earlier which I'll copy here too :)
    We're going to be scheduling in our next one sooner than expected as a lot of our volunteers are going through exams at the moment and we've noticed we've had to close quite a few sessions recently. We'll use this time to recruit some new volunteers so we're ready to open chats again with a more consistent service :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 773 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi everyone, just an addition to this - we have posted an update about our Thursday Support Circle sessions for survivors of sexual violence here.

The Thursday Support Circle sessions will be paused during our support group break (27th May - 9th June) to allow the team the chance to plan for their re-launch within our new themed chat structure following the break.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 773 Part of The Mix Family
    edited May 27
    Hello everyone - just bumping this as a reminder that our support group break starts today. Usual schedule will resume Monday 10th June. <3
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,336 Part of The Furniture
    Usual schedule resumes today!

It'll be Support Chat, General Chat, and Young Carer's Chat as per. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.