Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

🎥 The Mix's movie nights - 25th & 26th January

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
edited January 12 in Community Announcements
77b71epamno8.jpg
Image description: The heading reads ‘The Mix’s movie night!’, and there is text below that reads ‘Join us for one of our fantastic movie nights! Connect with new friends and get a free movie pack with cosy socks, hot chocolate, popcorn and more!’ And text below that reads ‘Don’t midd out on the fun!’.

In the top right hand corner is a drawing of a film video camera, in the centre, a drawing of a moon and 5 stars, and to the left, a drawing of some popcorn.

In the bottom left hand corner is a logo that reads ‘Here4You’, and to the right a logo that reads ‘The Mix’.

Do you love films?

We have some exciting news...we're going to be running not one...but two movie nights later this month! 🎥

For these movie nights you will also receive a free movie pack with cosy socks, hot chocolate, popcorn and more! Don't miss out on the fun!

When are the movie nights happening?
:star:Thursday 25 January 2024 (6-8pm)
Come along and watch Grease! A musical about teens in love in the 1950s starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.

:star:Friday 26 January 2024 (6-8pm)
Here 4 You hosted by Roman Kemp shines a light on the importance of looking after our mental health and signposts to help available to support young people.

How will the movie night work?
A few days before the movie night, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to stream the film and join our group chat room where we can all text chat together while watching the film at the same time.

The films will be shown on channel 4 or another platform that is free to register on (no subscription set up needed).

For the movie packs, these will be limited to one per person for both movie nights.

How do I sign up?
If you'd like to come along to a movie night (or both!), sign up using this link - https://forms.office.com/e/S0wbgZARuD

We can’t wait to see you there!
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by Aife on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    I love this idea @Aife so much especially the free movie pack too. If I am not too busy with work I might come along to these!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Im going to have a quick check at the form. I can use the family account for channel 4 as my mum got an account for our family so that would be handy to do <3.
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,088 Wise Owl
    What's grease
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    I`d love to be able to come along to the one on the 25th but I have a school trip and I won`t be back until at least 6:30pm (probably closer to 7pm.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    River wrote: »
    What's grease

The film depicts the lives of greaser Danny Zuko (John Travolta) and Australian transfer student Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton-John), who develop an attraction for each other during a summer romance.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Oh wait I just realised you`re actually serious about the free movie pack lol. I love that.
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @River U NEED TO COME WATCH GREASE I LOVE IT AND THE SONGS ARE SO VIBEY IT'S A LOT OLDER THAN OUR TIME LOL BUT I LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH

this sounds like such a freaking cool ideaa, @Aife I'm putting it in my calendar!!
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    edited January 11
    im so confused we get free popcorn hot choc and cosy socks?? that sounds way too good to be true xD
  • Options
    Xee wrote: »
    im so confused we get free popcorn hot choc and cosy socks?? that sounds way too good to be true xD

qhnfs4gco85k.png
  • Options
    @Dancer ik i just saw...still in disbelief. can't fucking wait hehe
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,172 Boards Champion
    I put just the Friday but might do Friday and Thursday depending if I'm busy or not, do I need to redo or? Also can we watch on something else if we have something
  • Options
    Im so tempted and convinced now the free popcorn got me :lol: hooked in. Also I know you mentioned there is more stuff too so I wonder Mix merch???. :grey_question:
  • Options
    It's so lovely to hear you're all excited for the movie nights!

There will indeed be a free movie pack posted out to anyone that signs up!

@Amy22 I'll chat to the team that hold The Mix merch and see if we can add something in. The Mix merch is awesome!

If anyone would like the movie pack to be anonymous and not mention it's come from The Mix, do let us know. We'll make sure to drop you a message to confirm before posting anything out :)

@Dancer you're still very welcome to come along, Grease is almost 2 hours long so you could join when you're back home? We can let you know where we're up to in the film so you watch at the same time. :)
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    I put just the Friday but might do Friday and Thursday depending if I'm busy or not, do I need to redo or? Also can we watch on something else if we have something

@Chloe234 no need to complete the form twice, we'll add you to the list for both evenings :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,088 Wise Owl
    Sighned up but didn't know what part of my adress to give
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    River wrote: »
    Sighned up but didn't know what part of my adress to give

I haven't signed up but I am having the same dilema with the address bit too. Would we need to include house number and postcode etc ?
  • Options
    edited January 12
    @River and @Amy22, thank you for signing up :)

For your address, including your house number, street name, country and postcode would be great thank you. We will make sure to delete your address from our records once we've shipped the movie packs to you. We'll drop you both a DM from The Mix account :)

Just to mention for the movie packs, at the moment these will be limited to one per person rather than two being sent for each night. We'll make sure to check final numbers closer to the time and if there's any extra popcorn, sweets and chocolate we'll add these in for you :)
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Whoa this is so lovely! Who is funding this?? :lol:

Would love to join but I think I'll pass. More freebees for you all ;)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    edited January 19
    We hope to see you for another movie night in the future @JJLemon18 :)

This is all part of a new campaign we are part of called Here4You. We've just posted a thread with more details about this campaign. It's really lovely for The Mix to be involved :)
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    Hey everyone, for those who are expecting movie night packs - they should be arriving today by 1pm! We're looking forward to seeing you all at the movie nights this week <3
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    I’m so excited I can’t wait 😁 was worried I wouldn’t be allowed due to my age so thank you for letting me come too this is gonna be awesome
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    edited January 24
    Quick question tho, are we joining a chat room too?

Ignore me I just re read it 😂😂
  • Options
    Hey everyone thank you so much for coming along to our movie nights! They were so much fun!

If you'd like to be added to our mailing list for us to contact you when future ones are scheduled, we've made a form where you can register your interest - https://forms.office.com/e/aad7ZWnXxs

We'll also announce any here on the discussion boards too :)

If you did come along to one and would like to leave some feedback about what you enjoyed about it, anything you'd like to change to shape future ones, please let us know over in our feedback form here - https://forms.office.com/r/JxY63dxHi1

Can't wait to host more soon! Stay tuned :)