Home› Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

📢 Support Group Break (Jan 15 - 21)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,041 Boards Guru
edited January 23 in Community Announcements
giphy.gif
Alt text: black woodland creature lying in tent with blankets, fairy lights, and a book.

If you don't know what a Support Group break is, click the spoiler below. ⤵
What is a Support Group break?
Roughly three times a year, we have a week (or two) where we take a break from running group chats.

These breaks allow staff, volunteers, and you guys to take a breather. If you use Support Groups often, breaks are a good opportunity to try new services and expand your support network. :)

When we can, we also use these periods to review community feedback, reflect on how things are going in the community, and look what we might want to work on next.

When are they?
Typically, there is a break around January, May, and September.

When is the next break?
The next break will be from Monday 15th January - Sunday 21st January. This break will include support groups and Friday chat threads. The usual Support Group schedule will resume as normal on Monday 22nd.

We will however continue to run Thursday Support Circle on Thursday 18th January. You can read more about these sessions here.

A lot of you know the staff team has been working on internal capacity and resources, and that will continue to be our focus during this chat break.

We won't be running a community quiz this time round due to our last quiz being run not so long ago over the holidays.

Where can I go instead?
If you'd like some quick, live support while Support Groups aren't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one services. You can get in touch in three ways - phone, webchat and email. Call for free on 0808 808 4994, from Monday - Wednesday at 4pm-midnight. Our 1-1 webchat is open Monday - Friday, 4pm-11pm. Emails will be responded to within 24 hours, Monday - Friday. The boards will also be open as normal.

If you're at breaking point, our Crisis Messenger is also open as usual. Text THEMIX to 85258. You can also head to this thread to find more crisis options if you need urgent support.

If you want somewhere like General Chat, you can check out: General Chat, Chit Chat or head over to the
Positivity Corner.

Questions? Drop them below :)
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,172 Boards Champion
    Is the Friday thread still running like last time?
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Is the Friday thread still running like last time?

Good question Chloe! We will be pausing Friday chat threads that week too to ensure things are fair in giving all mods that time off.

We will however continue to run our Support Circle for Survivors on Thursday 18th January during chat break week. :)
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Break week starts today!

Usual schedule resumes Monday 22nd. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    I tried to go onto group chat and just saw this :lol: what am I like?. :trollface::bleep_bloop:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I tried to go onto group chat and just saw this :lol: what am I like?. :trollface::bleep_bloop:

Of course someone was going to end up doing that. And that someone is normally me. :p
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous