Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of The Month!

Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
edited February 2023 in Community Announcements
Hello everyone!

I hope you are all well. I would, firstly, like to say thank you to everyone who has posted this month or taken the time to respond to someone else's post.

We appreciate you all. You really are the people who make The Mix's community the supportive and friendly space it is :)

Now I would like you to, please, select your favourite nomination from this month. The nominations are:

1. @Amy22 - Struggling with identity and I think I might have a personality disorder
Hi, I'm probably wasting your time with my thoughts but tonight I don't know I felt anxious again and I dont normally feel that way you know. I have been getting better over time (I guess cause the meds worked I guess) but I struggle mostly with my identity. Often I am hard on myself. I will agree. I tend to not allow myself to like things other people like. For example, because I saw a playlist on Spotify I liked, I liked it and removed it because I can't be like other people. I think maybe I'm trying too hard to differationate myself to others, in way islolating myself. I know people can like what other people like but I dont know with me it feels different you know. I also feel like sometimes I'm not me at all, like when I see my friends and I think they are lovely. For some reason my brain comes up with an intrusive thought and tells me that they aren't, It likes theres someone else in me you know. I think it might have something to do with my ADHD to be honest as I know that can happen. I need to find ways of being less hard on myself so I can enjoy life really. Maybe its the fact I force myself to different so I can be unique and original eventhough I feel fake on the inside.

Sorry for wasting your time with these thoughts, there are more people who probably need it more than me to be honest. :/

2. @Kaii - January achievements!
Hey everyone, since January is coming to an end, I thought it would be nice to share at least 3 of your accomplishments this month - no matter how big or small! :3<3

Here's mine:
- Earlier this month, I persevered through some tough exams
- I reflected on how to finally forgive and let go of the resentment I was holding in for a while
- I started drawing again after a while, and started feeling like myself again when I did

Getting through the month is just an achievement overall - so I hope everyone's resting well and treating themselves!

Really looking forward to hearing what everyone else's accomplishments are :smile:

Sending hugs <3

3. @M3GANx04 - On Urges
Hi there @Chloe234
I'm aware that it's a few days after you've posted this, but I hope you're doing okay and managed to find the strength to fight the urges. I understand that urges can be incredibly difficult to deal with, especially if you struggle from regular relapsing. It can make you feel hopeless at times, almost as if the fight isn't worth the inevitable.
But I promise you it's worth the fight. One day the gap between relapsing will become slightly longer, until weeks turn into months, which then turn into years. Try not to focus too far ahead. If you feel as though you can't make it another day, try another hour. Anything you can to extend the time between.
Stay strong. Wishing you all the best <3

Get voting! I am glad you have to vote, not me, I think you are all too awesome to choose between you :p
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Post of The Month! 7 votes

Amy22 - Struggling with identity and I think I might have a personality disorder
14% 1 vote
Kaii - January achievements!
57% 4 votes
M3GANx04 - On Urges
28% 2 votes
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    It used to be a thing and then it kinda stopped for awhile :)

You can do it by pressing flag > Report > and then one of the options is post of the month nomination @Morgan007
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I have helped to make it return! Thanks @Millie2787 for helping @Morgan007 out with that :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,027 Community Veteran
    I think post of the month is amazing.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Glad to hear you like the post of the month @Amy22 and congratulations on your nomination! :)
  • Options
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    @Laura_tigger82 probably stupid idea but could we do like a mod post of the month as I think that would be nice :)

This would be a great idea actually and a good way to show appreciation to the mods who work hard helping others
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    These is a really lovely idea @Morgan007.

Something we do at work is have an anonymous way for people to vote through a form, so each month anyone can submit a nomination. We could do the same for mods too and create a form for nominations to be submitted. As a community team, we can then share the nominations with each mods and select a volunteer of the month each month?

What do you all think of this idea?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,818 Master Poster
    I love that idea!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Seems like a really valued idea within the community @Morgan007. Also, no such thing as a stupid idea! <3
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Yes definitely, we'll get started on creating the form over the next week and share with you all to submit your nominations <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
    So sorry that I'm late to this! But it's honestly an honour to be nominated - thank you all so so much! Congrats to @Amy22 and @M3GANx04 as well! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Kaii that is very sweet of you :)<3
  • Options
    Well done everyone! I am really proud of you all <3

The winner this month is.... drum roll please....!!

@kaii - well done Kaii B)<3
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    I was about to say 'badge on the way' then realised you already have a POTM badge @kaii. :tongue: Congrats - it's a lovely post - you'll be featured on the home page this month!

Congrats to our other nominees too @M3GANx04 @Amy22 :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    M3GANx04M3GANx04 Posts: 61 Boards Initiate
    This is such a lovely idea! Thank you so much for considering me as a nomination <3
  • Options
    Well done @Kaii :) I'm proud of you foe getting post of the month. I also want to thank everyone too who also got nominated even the mods who help to make this happen <3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Congratulations @kaii for winning post of the month! :smiley:
    Also congrats to @Amy22 and @M3GANx04 for the nominations!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
    Aaaaa oh my goshhh thank you so so much!! This is just an honour! I really can't believe it! Thank you so much everyone!! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Great job guys and very well deserved nominations and winner.The support you guys give eachother on the community is amazing and we r very proud of u guys .Looking forward to next months nominees