Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Community Quiz (Wednesday 4 January, 7pm-8pm)

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
edited December 2022 in Community Announcements
'ey up legends,

Get excited, because it's time for another Community Quiz, as hinted at in our recent chat break thread.
When: Wednesday 4th Jan, 7-8pm
Where: Group Chat
For those who don't know what a Community Quiz is or how it works...
Community Quizzes consist of 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point going to whoever gives the correct answer first. Titles will be awarded to the winner of each round and the highest total score across all rounds.

The rounds will be as follows:
The Mix Trivia
General Knowledge
Open Round - does anyone have any suggestions for a theme?
As always, we like to get you all to write and host each round of the quiz! Hosting just means being the person to ask your questions and declare the winner of each point during your round. I'll also be on hand on the evening to help you out. If you're not keen on hosting but you'd still like to write a round, that may also be an option if someone else can host for you.

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, let us know below. You'll need to have written and sent your questions to us by Saturday 31st December. We'll give the opportunity to someone who hasn't previously hosted a round, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen this time. There will be other quizzes! :3

Oh, and our coverted badges will be awarded to all hosts, writers, and winners! (oooooh....)

If you've got any questions then just holler!
Harry and the team
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,818 Master Poster
    Are we allowed to do it that 2 people do a round together? If so, does anyone want to share a round?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    @Dancer Collaborative working sounds great. Hopefully, the staff team can confirm or deny this for you soon. Is there a particular round you would like to share with someone else? :)

@Morgan007 It sounds great that you want to host a round. Thank you for offering and, as you were one of the first people to respond, I am sure you can host a round! Is there a round you would like to host in particular? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Dancer wrote: »
    Are we allowed to do it that 2 people do a round together? If so, does anyone want to share a round?
    Defo! You're welcome to host in groups if you prefer :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @Dancer Collaborative working sounds great. Hopefully, the staff team can confirm or deny this for you soon. Is there a particular round you would like to share with someone else? :)

@Morgan007 It sounds great that you want to host a round. Thank you for offering and, as you were one of the first people to respond, I am sure you can host a round! Is there a round you would like to host in particular? :)

I'll wait and see what Morgan wants to do before deciding.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,179 Boards Champion
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    @Laura_tigger82 I don't know I dont really know what people like....maybe a logo round? Or something

Ooo guess the logo round from a section of the logo!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,027 Community Veteran
    I can't wait for the community quiz :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Hello hello everyone! So, it looks like so far we've got...
    1. @Morgan007 hosting the 'free' round - perhaps with a 'guess the logo' theme.

Is anyone else up for hosting a round? @Dancer, were you wating to share a round with someone? Or @Amy22 / @Chloe234, were you guys keen? I'm just tagging as you've been active on this thread, but anyone else who is keen is also super welcome to throw their hat into the ring - it isn't too late!

@Morgan007, I'll drop you a DM now to chat through your round.

Thanks everyone!
    Harry :)
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    I don't mind doing it by myself but if it makes it easier for other people to have a chance to host, I don't mind sharing.
  • Options
    Oh wait I've just realised that I won't be able to host. Sorry.
  • Options
    @HarryT how many questions for the quiz?

10 per round. 3 rounds.
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    @HarryT how many questions for the quiz?

10 per round. 3 rounds.

That's right @Morgan007 - 10 questions in total.

No worries at all @Dancer, that's all good.
  • Options
    I don't really mind either sharing or doing a round myself @HarryT I did one before and I enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    HarryT wrote: »
    Hello hello everyone! So, it looks like so far we've got...
    1. @Morgan007 hosting the 'free' round - perhaps with a 'guess the logo' theme.

Is anyone else up for hosting a round? @Dancer, were you wating to share a round with someone? Or @Amy22 / @Chloe234, were you guys keen? I'm just tagging as you've been active on this thread, but anyone else who is keen is also super welcome to throw their hat into the ring - it isn't too late!

@Morgan007, I'll drop you a DM now to chat through your round.

Thanks everyone!
    Harry :)

I'm on standby for morgy so I'll let someone else :))
  • Options
    If really needed tho I don't mind
  • Options
    @Amy22 and @Chloe234, would you both still be up for putting together a quiz round? If you would then that would be super helpful.

I can drop you both a message now with all of the info, if you'd still be willing!
  • Options
    HarryT wrote: »
    @Amy22 and @Chloe234, would you both still be up for putting together a quiz round? If you would then that would be super helpful.

I can drop you both a message now with all of the info, if you'd still be willing!

Yeah sure I'd love to help out and share a round. I don't really mind :)
  • Options
    Reminder that this is TOMORROW from 7-8pm. Don't miss it. 🧐
  • Options
    7-8pm @Morgan007 :)
  • Options
    That's okay Morgan, no pressure to attend. :) If you know you definitely can't, let us know and we'll see if we can find someone to host your round.
  • Options
    I can't wait to attend I'm really exicted :)
  • Options
    🌈 COMMUNITY QUIZ TONIGHT 🌈

Be there or be... wherever else you have to be :tongue:
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Hope you all enjoyed the quiz!!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    The results are in, and the winner was... 🥁

@Abigail! Winning all three rounds and taking the title of overall winner.

Big thanks to @Amy22, @Chloe234, and @Morgan007 for writing questions and hosting.

Thank you to everyone else who came and joined in the fun. :)

Winners and hosts, your new badges are now on your profiles. 🎉
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,066 Wise Owl
    Hope you had a good quiz - hopefully next time I'll be able to join but unfortunately I was busy last night

Congrats to the winner as well :smile: