Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Community Quiz (Thursday 1st Sept, 7pm - 8pm)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
edited August 2022 in Community Announcements
'ello legends,

As hinted at in the chat break thread, the time has come for another Community Quiz - wohoo!

For those who don't know the format...
Community Quizzes consist of 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point going to whoever gives the correct answer first. Titles will be awarded to the winner of each round and the highest total score across all rounds.

The rounds will be as follows:
  • Entertainment (or something else - any spicy suggestions?)
  • The Mix Trivia
  • General Knowledge

As always, we like to get you guys to write and host the quiz! Hosting just means being the person to ask your questions and declare the winner of each point during your round. They'll also be a mod on hand to help you out if needs be. If you're not keen on hosting but you'd still like to write a round, that may also be an option if someone else can host for you.

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, let us know below. You'll need to have written and sent your questions to us by Tuesday 30th August. We'll give the opportunity to someone who hasn't previously hosted a round, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen this time. There will be other quizzes! :3

Oh, Badges will be awarded to all hosts, writers, and winners!

Any questions then just holler!

Harry and The Team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
    edited August 2022
    What about dinosaurs ;);) hehe jokess, i wouldnt mind doing a round🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2022
    I would like to write general knowledge if that’s okay ?
    Post edited by Millie2787 on
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    If any rounds are available, I wouldn't mind doing one although I understand if you would rather give it to someone else as I have done it a few times before. I don't mind which one I do as long as I know in advance so I can prepare some questions.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Thank you so much @Chloe234 @Millie2787 and @Dancer - I'm soooo excited for this quiz!

@Millie2787 , if you're happy doing General Knowledge then that would be great. @Dancer and @Chloe234 , do either of you have a preference in terms of which round you each write?

I'd be up for a dinosaur round, Chloe, if you wanted to take that and then Dancer, if you fancied doing The Mix Trivia (or something different, happy to Mix it up a bit - see what I did there) that could work? Let me know what you both think!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @HarryT i could do a dinosaur round although i dont know if many people would know the answers haha! I dont mind i could do a dinosaur round or i can do animals in general and throw in a couple dinosaur questions!? I dont mind!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    edited August 2022
    @Chloe234 a dinosaur round would be awesome plus maybe an animal round might be cute. I don't know if there is space but I don't really mind doing a film themed round =)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    @HarryT i could do a dinosaur round although i dont know if many people would know the answers haha! I dont mind i could do a dinosaur round or i can do animals in general and throw in a couple dinosaur questions!? I dont mind!
    This sounds like a plan to me! @Chloe234, should we go for an animals themed round, with some dinosaur questions mixed in there for good measure?

@Dancer, that would then leave you with The Mix Trivia, or something different if you wanted to get creative!
    Amy22 wrote: »
    @Chloe234 a dinosaur round would be awesome plus maybe an animal round might be cute. I don't know if there is space but I don't really mind doing a film themed round =)
    Thanks so much for offering, @Amy22, but I think we're actually all good this time round. We tend to keep it to three rounds, just to make sure that we keep to time. Maybe next time, though? And I hope you'll still come along and get involved in the fun!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    HarryT wrote: »
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    This sounds like a plan to me! @Chloe234, should we go for an animals themed round, with some dinosaur questions mixed in there for good measure?

@Dancer, that would then leave you with The Mix Trivia, or something different if you wanted to get creative!
    Thanks so much for offering, @Amy22, but I think we're actually all good this time round. We tend to keep it to three rounds, just to make sure that we keep to time. Maybe next time, though? And I hope you'll still come along and get involved in the fun!

@Amy22 If you want to, we could do it together.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    @HarryT no problem! I will do an animal themed and i will add a couple dinosaur questions :) i will make some questions when im home! And then Pm them over to @TheMix
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,312 Wise Owl
    It's not on tonight innit?
  • Options
    FordRanger wrote: »
    It's not on tonight innit?

Nope. Not on Fridays at the moment. Unfortunately.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    @FordRanger not tonight but the quiz will be running on 1st September!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @FordRanger it's not on tonight sorry but we do have the general chat board on tonight if you wanted to go to that. It's really nice on there :):)
  • Options
    @FordRanger it's not on tonight sorry but we do have the general chat board on tonight if you wanted to go to that. It's really nice on there :):)

Where is the board?
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    FordRanger wrote: »

Where is the board?

https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/comment/3716666#Comment_3716666
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    At some point I need to make a start on the questions ready for next week
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Damn this will be my first time not hosting a round, just means I can win all three this time :​)
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Oh wait nooo I just realised I'm gonna be out in Thursday, doing a quiz of all things with my friends from work. Have fun at the quiz everyone
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Bump! Just a reminder that our Community Quiz will be happening tonight from 7pm:

<3CLICK HERE TO JOIN <3

I'm hoping to see lots of you there!

Harry :)
  • Options
    @HarryT thank u so much for our community quiz well done to everyone who took part :)
  • Options
    Thankyou @HarryT for the quiz :) so sorry for ruining it at the end
  • Options
    Its okay @Chloe234 you didn't ruin it at the end. <3

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
  • Options
    Thank you everyone who came to the quiz last night and especially to @HarryT for making sure the quiz was able to run smoothly and to everyone who wrote and hosted a round @Amy22 @Millie2787 @Chloe234 And also to @independent_ for entertaining everyone with your answers.
  • Options
    Thank you for coming everyone! Chats will be back following the usual schedule from Monday!
  • Options
    Will we get an update when Friday group chats are back on?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Thanks for asking @FordRanger.

Friday group chats will be closed until further notice. We're working hard to bring them back as soon as we can and will give you all an update as soon as we have any news! We can't offer a timeline at this stage, just to make sure that we don't unfairly get anybodies hopes up.

We will keep running special threads for support and general chat on the discussion boards on a Friday until we're able to bring group chats back in their usual format.

Thank you for being so patient with us, we really appreciate it!

Harry and the team