Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chat Thread 04.04.21

Comments

• Options
    RachaelRachael Posts: 17 Settling in
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Stephanie wrote: »
    Wish adulting wasn't so difficult

What’s up? :heart:

Found a apartment I really like but it's figuring out the financial side

I'm in a similar situation GreenTea! Trying to find someone to live with as it's most financially viable but no one's replying to my messages so probably going to get somewhere on my own but it's so expensive!
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Ah, could you get some advice from your bank maybe?

It's not that. It's bills and stuff
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Rachael wrote: »
    Apparently I'm working out how the boards work! Finally found the quote button haha

Ah yay, it’s so great to have you on the boards. This is such a lovely kind-hearted community :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options

Ahh yeah, Are you looking to live alone or have somebody to split the bills with
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    @Dancer have you been on the group chats there? I'm not on much at the moment but I'd be happy to listen and see if I can help or understand, or join chat tomorrow and be someone you know cared if you wanted to try and get support from people ❤️

Yes I have been on the group chats there but it feels difficult to open up.

Did you try to talk and not get heard or did you feel unable to talk? It can be difficult but the community there is so supportive, you can talk about anything and people will be there for you

I just felt unable to talk about what was going on as I struggle to trust people that I don't know very well. Thank you though.

I get that. Of course you don't have to but if it were me I'd just go ahead and say, I was nervous at first but I did and then everyone was so supportive and I've gotten to know them better because I was able to open up. I completely understand if that would be too hard though, it takes courage to talk to people ❤️
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Hi peeps
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,785 Master Poster
    edited April 2021
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Hey @Millie2787

How’s it going?

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Ahh yeah, Are you looking to live alone or have somebody to split the bills with

Alone
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    I’ve reached one month free of self harm
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

Yay Shaunie!
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie welll done ! I’m on 6 days now free from Self harm and B/P

@Stephanie ill be glad when I’m home from work . It’s frustrating at the moment
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options

Alone

Hope you get it sorted. :heart:

• Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

Yay this is amazing :heart:

• Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Shaunie welll done ! I’m on 6 days now free from Self harm and B/P

@Stephanie ill be glad when I’m home from work . It’s frustrating at the moment

Ah sorry to hear that, you not enjoying work?

• Options
    Sending so many hugs to all of you :heart:

• Options
    Think I'm gonna head off, all my shoes have been left in a pile in the hall as mum sorted the cupboard, so going to sort them before I get into even more trouble than I am already. Take care all ❤️
  • Options
    Sorry if I seem ungrateful.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Who else is watching Romeo and Juliet? It is on channel 11 (Sky Arts) but I can't get it to work on the TV so going to have to just watch the version that my school have.
  • Options
    Who else is watching Romeo and Juliet? It is on channel 11 (Sky Arts) but I can't get it to work on the TV so going to have to just watch the version that my school have.

Ah. It watching. I don’t have sky

• Options

It is also supposed to be on Freeview but it won't work.
  • Options

Oh right, not sure. Could you try and get it online

• Options

My school have a video library that students and stuff can access online so there is a different version of the film on there. I can't send you the link though. Sorry. Maybe there is one on YouTube or Netflix.
  • Options
    There is also other stuff bothering me but it is just overwhelming and confusing.
  • Options
    Look at what I just earnt! r1chl51jr3yf.jpg
  • Options

My school have a video library that students and stuff can access online so there is a different version of the film on there. I can't send you the link though. Sorry. Maybe there is one on YouTube or Netflix.

Ah don’t worry I don’t wanna watch it, it’s not really my thing. I just meant could you maybe try watch it online.

• Options
    Look at what I just earnt! r1chl51jr3yf.jpg

Yyyyyaaayyy

• Options

Ah don’t worry I don’t wanna watch it, it’s not really my thing. I just meant could you maybe try watch it online.

Yes I could but it would be a different version. I want to wait until I have finished reading the play anyway.
  • Options
    I’m heading off for the night now, as I am in work in the morning and quite tired.

Stay safe and take good care :heart:

• Options
    I’m heading off for the night now, as I am in work in the morning and quite tired.

Stay safe and take good care :heart:

Goodnight. Have a great sleep.