Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Autolinks (full list)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
edited March 2022 in Community Announcements
I realise I've posted a few threads for you guys today so I'll keep this one brief. ;)

We've got a new feature in Group Chat - autolinking. Basically this lets us assign automatic hyperlinking to certain text. So when you say a certain word or phrase, it will link it to a website automatically. For mods, this is a bit of a dream come true! It means we can quickly and easily link to useful resources, and obviously this is something everyone else can make use of as well.

For example, we've set one up for 'chat guidelines' which links to the guidelines. We've also setup some links to crisis support services and different parts of The Mix. Assuming we all like it, we'll add to this list over time and make it super comprehensive. If we decide we don't like it, that's fine too. :)

There is a downloadable copy of the full autolinking list attached to this thread.
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Mike If you click on a link during a chat, will it open in a new tab or will it remove you from chat and take you there?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2020
    @Mike If you click on a link during a chat, will it open in a new tab or will it remove you from chat and take you there?
    Great question @MountainPeak - just a new tab (so you stay in the room). :)
    Okay @Mike Sounds good :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    This is brilliant!!! I need to get into chat so I can see this in action. Will dedeinitely make it easier.

Might be worth adding a link to some information about coronavirus just now? Maybe a link to the about coronavirus thread on the boards which is good or the article on the website?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    Aidan said:
    This didn't seem to be working tonight :tongue: but the rest of chat was so I'm not complaining :joy:
    aidan, you wasnt working either. theese mods glitch lots
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Nope, this didn’t work - trying it was fun though ;)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited April 2020

So we've actually been trying to get this to work for ages and, during all the testing we were doing when ChatWee was having those major problems, we did manage to get it working. Looks like it didn't stick though for some reason - sorry guys!

We'll park this for now and revisit it when we can. :) 

I promise it was really cool tho
    @Mike They work!
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor said:
    @Mike They work!
    So they do @Eleanor! One of the better surprises we've had with tech recently. :tongue: 

I've re-pinned this thread now that we're using this feature. The list of commands has been updated in the main post and we'll gradually build up that list over time. As said in the original post, do drop your suggestions for links and feedback about the feature in this thread. Mods will also be feeding back to us on how they're finding it and what would be useful for them, so we get both sides. :) 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    The links are great! The chat guidelines one is very handy I was just thinking maybe you could add the feedback form? Might be useful :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    @Laine Ooo yeah that's a good one to add! 

@Mike Yes, it was the best accidental discovery I've ever made :joy: 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Thanks guys! Great suggestions - I've added both, along with some COVID links. The original post in this thread has been edited to include a more easy-to-understand table of the commands. :)
    @Mike The links don't seem to be working, we are trying to use them on chat at the moment and when you press it, it comes up with an error message in a new tab. 

Thought I'd flag it up :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor said:
    @Mike The links don't seem to be working, we are trying to use them on chat at the moment and when you press it, it comes up with an error message in a new tab. 

Thought I'd flag it up :) 
    Hmm, is this all of them @Eleanor?
    edited July 2020
    @Mike We didn't try all of them but all the ones we did didn't work, from what I remember we tried ones like discussion boards and guidelines etc as there was a guest who joined 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Thanks for the heads up @Eleanor. :3 We've done some testing today and things seem to be working... I'm wondering if there happened to be an issue with our website at the time if it was just links related to The Mix that were having issues. In any case, should be good now!
    'Crisis support' now links to a page of crisis options, found here.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Just a heads up, in support circle, the feedback form was linked but it doesn't include support circle on that form which is really confusing.. I came on the boards to find the support circle form.. is there anyway to add support circle to the generic feedback form that is auto linked?
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    GreenTea said:
    Just a heads up, in support circle, the feedback form was linked but it doesn't include support circle on that form which is really confusing.. I came on the boards to find the support circle form.. is there anyway to add support circle to the generic feedback form that is auto linked?
    Agreed we could have Circle feedback or something as the phrase could be helpful :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Great shout @Laine @GreenTea - didn't notice that was missing! Added. :)
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Thank you!! Only realised last night when it was posted!
    Aidan said:
    Can I suggest a link that links to this page with all the links? :tongue:
    Very meta @Aidan. ;) Good idea though, so yes! Added under 'autolinks'.
    edited July 2020
    Fairly big update to this today, adding more resources for sexual assault, racism, gender and sexuality, physical health, mental health, finance and law, and self-harm support. :)

I'm super aware the text is becoming tiny on the screenshots and screenshots aren't very accessible to people with visual impairments, so we'll get a better system in place soon!
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey @The Mix

Quick question, where's the feedback form for GC/SC?
    Thanks @Eleanor! Just to clarify, that's actually the old form. It should be closed so that's our bad! The current feedback form is here: https://bit.ly/GroupChatDetailed

If you'd like to have a vent rather than provide detailed feedback: https://bit.ly/GroupChatVent

These links are in the main list of commands but they're a bit buried in the middle, under 'Group Chat'.
    Oops @Mike! My bad! 
    Alis propriis volat 
    You weren't to know @Eleanor. :3 Old forms should be closed so that's on us. Thank you for helping anyway!
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Thank you @Eleanor, have you thought about working for the mix 😉 you'd be great! 
    Haha @Salix_alba_2019 would love to aha 
    Alis propriis volat