Want to discuss Coronavirus/COVID-19? Head to the dedicated subforum .

Chats Suggestion

MountainPeakMountainPeak Posts: 63 Miniposter
Hey, 

I was just thinking, and obviously I don't know if this is at all possible, but as many social settings such as schools/colleges are closing for the foreseeable future and people, like myself, are at risk of losing any mental health support because of this, it might be nice to have the chats open every day of the week rather than Sun-Thu for this time? 

General chat is a good place to speak to people and combat loneliness people are facing due to isolation/distancing  and the support chat is great for people whose support elsewhere has been put on hold. 

Just an idea <3

Eleanor

Comments

• MikeMike Hummus-Fuelled Whovian LondonPosts: 2,134 Staff Moderator
    edited March 21
    Thanks so much for this suggestion Eleanor. :) Super thoughtful of you.

It's funny you mention this actually. We're seeing an increase in the amount of people coming to The Mix for support and escape right now, and we're expecting that to continue as schools and other face-to-face youth services continue to close and send people to digital services like ours.

To make sure we can support the new people coming through The Mix, we've been busy laying the groundwork to expand the services we're providing. We're doing that here for the Community, and also for our Helpline and Counselling services. As you rightly pointed out Eleanor, we also need to make sure the people who already use The Mix have places to go when they're at home more.

Having Group Chats running 7 days a week is an option that makes a lot of sense, and it's one we're considering right now. Just to give people reading a heads up: any changes we make will take a bit of time to put in place - whether that's 7 days of Group Chat or something else.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, we're also running a co-design session next Thursday evening to get everyone's ideas and feedback on what The Mix can do to help you during the COVID-19 crisis.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

MountainPeak
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 121 The Mix convert
    Yes please, I've needed it the most at the end of the week
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
    MountainPeakMike