Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bali holiday

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Thread that aife suggested I madeee

Hello
So next August I plan to go on holiday to Bali if I can save up enough!
Anyone ever been?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Aife let's talk Bali 😜
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @GreenTea!

It's great to see you've made a Bali thread! Have you decided where in Bali you're going to go? 

My favourite places were Gili Air and Ubud. There's so many places to see in Bali though! 

Lonely Plant have lots of good recommendations of places to visit which you might find helpful -https://www.lonelyplanet.com/indonesia/bali

:star:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    I was thinking about doing a few days in seminyak and then moving on to other parts of Bali, so having to also look I to transport around Bali because we no drive 😂
    I just hope me and my friend save enough money to do this trip other wise its gonna have to wait even longer but i really want to do it and so does she
    I've heard Seminyak is really nice! 

With the transport, make sure to book anything through your accommodation. There's lots of taxis on the road but it's safer to get one booked for you so you know it's an official taxi. 

I hope you have a lovely time when you go! I also followed lots of Instagram accounts to get some ideas of places to visit. :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Bali is such a beautiful place from what I've seen 😍 

Pssssp take me with you, pack me in your suitcase 😏 I absolutely won't make mooing noises 😆
    I'll smuggle you in my suitcase lo
    YESSSSSS!

*does happy dance*
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Take meee tooo ;) 

if you have a ponder through YouTube there seems to be a lot of recent holiday vlogs :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    I'll take all that want to go. 

My suitcase is gonna be full though 😂
    edited August 2019

How I'll  be looking when you open up the suitcase lmao
    I just laughed so much I choked on oxygen. This has made my day 😂 

I'm sure you won't look to bad. Quick shower to rehydrate! @Salix_alba_2019
    Look at my hairdo LMAOOOO NOW I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING 🤣🤣🤣WHEEZINGGGGGGGGGGGG

At least you look happy 😂😂😂😂😂 
    Your just find me and @Salix_alba_2019 like this out your suitcase 😂

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    I'm gonna need a bigger suitcase to smuggle multiple people 😂
    edited August 2019
    I think a couple of these suitcases should do 🤔

@Aife you coming to? 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Bali is an amazing place to go! Beautiful location, so much to see and do, and everything's cheap (except maybe the flight!). Gianyar has some cool things to check out, as does Ubud :)

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I think a couple of these suitcases should do 🤔

This made me laugh so much @Millie2787 🤣 
    GreenTea said:
    @Aife you coming to? 
    I'll be there!

Think that suitcase is the perfect size for us all :P 
    Aife said:
    GreenTea said:
    @Aife you coming to? 
    I'll be there!

@Aife better bring some cool drinks were be roasting in there 😂
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Haha yeah. Bali sounds awesome!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Aife said:
    GreenTea said:
    @Aife you coming to? 
    I'll be there!

This is brilliant.
    #themixontour

Aife is the leader as she works for the mix :p
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    #themixontour would be amazing, imagine if they came up north :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    #themixontour would be amazing, imagine if they came up north :heart:
    Yessss #themixontour 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Could I also join in? Please.
    Lol this thread so went off topic from what I originally wanted to talk about 😂 

@Aife general question. Do you need any medication for Bani? Like the injections for whatever illnesses float out there? Does that make sense?
    Azziman said:
    Hey :)

Bali is an amazing place to go! Beautiful location, so much to see and do, and everything's cheap (except maybe the flight!). Gianyar has some cool things to check out, as does Ubud :)

Much love <3

Hey what's in Gianyar?

I want to go Ubud
    I know that I am not Aife but I found something that might help with with stuff about vaccinations for Bali.

https://www.tmb.ie/destinations/vaccinations-for-bali
    That's a useful website @Kasa2103! Thanks for sharing. @GreenTea there's also this one on the NHS website which you might want to have a look into. 

If you're planning to travel to any of the islands, I'd recommend sea sickness tables too!