Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

'A Beastly Burden' - a comic on losing someone to suicide

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
Hey guys,

I ran in to this journalistic comic on losing someone to suicide, today, called "A Beastly Burden". The team and I thought it was quite well made with some powerful messages and illustrations. Thought it was worth sharing. :)

What do you guys think?
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thank you so much for sharing that comic, I read it all and something about it just hit me (in a good way) and made me think. If I get the guts, I may even share this with my parents someday .....perhaps it would get through to them. I wish they could see the part about the space to recover.

I'm really not just saying this, I mean it, thank you so much :heart:

• Options
    apandav wrote: »
    Thank you so much for sharing that comic, I read it all and something about it just hit me (in a good way) and made me think. If I get the guts, I may even share this with my parents someday .....perhaps it would get through to them. I wish they could see the part about the space to recover.

I'm really not just saying this, I mean it, thank you so much :heart:

Seems like it really resonated with you, apandav. I do hope it comes in useful. :)

You're very welcome. *hug*
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Mike wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I ran in to this journalistic comic on losing someone to suicide, today, called "A Beastly Burden". The team and I thought it was quite well made with some powerful messages and illustrations. Thought it was worth sharing. :)

What do you guys think?

Love that, its great!
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    RavenclawRavenclaw Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    I agree, so well made with some very important messages. It's really good to see a new perspective on this theme, too.

Thanks for sharing ^-^
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing this article with us-It was really interesting to have a look at and view this comic based on Suicide and was good to see other insights and view points/perspectives into the topic x
  • Options
    Really glad you all like it! :) Apparently, it blew up over in the Netherlands, so the author translated and adapted it for global access.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is the same thing I've read hundreds of times, Not the exact same thing, I mean it says the same things, I guess it might help someone with no clue.....I dunno.
  • Options
    Redhead wrote: »
    This is the same thing I've read hundreds of times, Not the exact same thing, I mean it says the same things, I guess it might help someone with no clue.....I dunno.

Interesting to hear your side, Em. What would you add/remove/change, out of curiosity?