Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i'm back... sorry..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so.. recently my friends have started completely ignoring me and when one of my friends tried to sort it out they've pinned it all on me... my one friend is unsure on what to do and i feel like i may be sinking back to my old depressed self. luckily my friend is hilarious and my bf is kind and helpful just cause he's there (lovey dovey, ik) so they're keeping me out of the pit of depression. i'm just incredibly unsure about what to do about those friends and i.. i'm just confused at what i even did to begin with. anyone have advice?

oh p.s they refuse to talk to me so i can't ask them and especially since i can't control my temper at the best of times

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi forever_fallen_angel :) nice to meet you!

It's good that your boyfriend is supportive of you :) it's nice that him and your other friend have cheered you up a bit (despite all that's going on).

Do you think giving those friends time would help? Maybe writing it down could help you explain everything and avoids you confronting them (if possible to give them the note). Just a few suggestions but obviously you know your friends best!

Hope things work out :)
  • SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi forever_fallen_angel

It sounds like you're feeling upset and confused about your friends' behaviour at the moment. It's hard when we don't know why someone is reacting a certain way because it's not so easy to know what to do. It sounds like you're getting some good support from this one friend as well as from your boyfriend which is positive, and you've already tried to sort things out with your other friends.

Unfortunately, we can't make people talk to us if they don't want to, so it sounds like continuing to get support from your friend and boyfriend is the best course of action at the moment. It could be that you'll have the chance to catch up with your friends in a little while, or it could be you're better off without them at the moment. Do you have anything else in your life which you could focus on at the moment such as a job/course or a hobby? Meeting new people might be a good idea so that you can widen your social circle and lessen your need to rely on people who aren't treating you kindly.

I hope this is helpful, let us know how you get on :)

SarahR