Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hickies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you people think of them? I personaly think their pretty manky. If I see a girl with them then my opinion would be lower of her.. I think their just slag tags tbh.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think they are that bad if in a concealed area. But it they are blatant its a very...erm...teenage thing to do. Like - "Look at me! I'm sexually or romantically active".
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    I don't think they are that bad if in a concealed area. But it they are blatant its a very...erm...teenage thing to do. Like - "Look at me! I'm sexually or romantically active".

yep gotta agree with sir cum on this one
  • Options
    no problem with them at all.
  • Options
    urgh, no :yuck:

i think they're disgusting if you have them on your neck or something. if i wanted one, i'd get it somewhere else where people couldn't see it. they just look manky on the neck :p
  • Options
    purpose ones on the neck are disgusting, but sometimes you cant help but do or give a little blemish, not nice to look at, but they feel good! I hate it when you see girls/blokes with slag rashes all over them, especially school kids. :blush: though there was a trend in my school that I participated in once, never again :no:
  • Options
    God, they turn me on to fuck, god knows why?! They make me so bloody horny, even thinking about them.

But no, they looks minging on your neck or anywhere visible... if you want them, have them somewhere where people aren't subjected to looking at them! lol
  • Options
    I think they are gross. Remind me of being about 12 :eek2:
  • Options
    I really don't have a problem with other people having hickies.
    I've never had the opportunity to aquire one, lol.
    But really, who's to label anyone a slut? Especially because of a love bite. Come on... that's really judgmental...
    Plus, why do you care that much? It's not your body, so why should you care?
    If you don't like hickies, don't look at them. Simple As.
  • Options
    I don't think they're that bad, so long as they're not huuuge and purple and gross, but Iv always thought of them as a sort of sign of possession (sp?).
  • Options
    i think they are tacky if they are in a place where people can see but if they are in a place where they cant then its not really bad.

ive only had 1 from my bf but it was just above my boob so no1 could c
  • Options
    Originally posted by ±Lover±
    ummmm yes hickeys turn me on to! i just love it when my boyfriend starts gently sucking on my neck...umm!
    i dont really mind having them on my neck, i just dont think about them and forget its there is there happens 2 b one.
    i dont think girls who have them are slags or anything, its just one way of getting close 2 your partner and theres nothing wrong with that.
    ~XXX~

...I just don't think they look very pleasant. Some look better than others though :eek2: If you're going to get one, get it somewhere other than your neck...please :rolleyes:

:p
  • Options
    The feel is great, but the look isn't. They don't bother me too much. I think it's fine in a relationship. Bit like labeling what's yours i suppose :p. She you can't get the feel for long without a yucky mark.
  • Options
    She = shame
  • Options
    Hickies = ickies. They look terrible. They're ok if hidden, but why the need to show them in such an obvious place, like the neck? Ewwww!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by vorni
    but Iv always thought of them as a sort of sign of possession (sp?).

if im going into town on the razz with my girly friends sometimes my b/f will brand me on my neck in my sleep kinda like "stay away from her she's taken" and i really really hate it, means a cant wear a low cut top when i go out :p
  • Options
    Hickies aren't really that bad if there small and on one side of the neck! I dispise the girls who have 2 massive hickies and try to show the world.
  • Options
    Don't mind them really. My GF hates them on her neck but she lets me give her them in other places. I get away with it cos she can't give them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    if im going into town on the razz with my girly friends sometimes my b/f will brand me on my neck in my sleep kinda like "stay away from her she's taken" and i really really hate it, means a cant wear a low cut top when i go out :p
    LOL I'll have to remember that one for the future. :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Sorry... But who fkn cares about other peoples hickies? (Unless they're on your partner and you didn't give them...)

Personally, I LOVE it when my bf sucks my neck. Turns me on big time. And yes, the more, the 'harder' = the better. So yes, when I am/have been with my boyfriend, I do have some hickies, though most aren't all that big. I really don't care what other people thing, I'm not a slag. I don't get hickies from anyone but my guy.
    And if I see anyone with a hicky, I'm just jealous that they got one and I didn't.
  • Options
    ultimate turn on is my neck kissed and like zombie2 said the harder the better so the inevitable happens..tho my chap often doesnt give me one which is great...the fun without the aftermark!

Found that using that green concealer stuff (the one thats i the range that does birthmark cover up etc, cant think of name!) helps to heal them faster..maybe its my imagination tho!
  • Options
    It's fun to make your mark, and vice versa. But only if it's in a (fairly) hidden place, where no one else except you and your other half know it's there.

Otherwise it looks silly and can be v embarrassing.
  • Options
    yeah, i can agree with that they dont look too nice on peoples neck when u see them walking down the street or whatever, but sometimes they are just accidental, i done 3 on my current girlfriend by accident, just got carryed away with the kissing and biting sucking on her neck while doing other stuff and because she likes the feeling of that we dont realise she has any till later when we notice them visually, i feel great to get, my current girlfriend hasnt given me any yet, but i used to love gettin them before and i love giving them, no matter where it is :D

well ermm that was my useless 2 cents on that subject
  • Options
    Ive been seeing a really nice girl for about 4 weeks and coupla nights ago we were talkin about lovebights and then she said she really wanted to give me one. I didnt see the big deal but i let her give me one on my shoulder. However, now, three days on im left with big, bloomin purple mark. I usually go to gym loads and cant go at the moment cos of the embarrassment of other people seeing the mark in the changing room. rage! im gonna have to get her back. lol:naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by ±Lover±
    Err how about no?
    As zombie2 said, i only get love bites from my boyfriend so how does that make it a "slag tag"?
    its up 2 me what marks are on my body, and some girls who think other women with love bites are sometimes just jelous because maybe they aint got a partner.
    In my eyes, i dont judge people with love bites, its just another way 2 show your affection for your partner and people who judge women with love bites are wrong.
    ~XXX~

i never said they were "slag tags"

i just stated that i dont like them
  • Options
    I don't mind them really. i certainly don't think of myself as a slag when i have them! Its more embarrassing coz u get so much grief from mates! I like the thought that my bf 'brands' me in an odd way. But most of all i don't get to see him during the week so its nice to have a bit of a reminder.
    Our new rule tho is love bites out of sight only coz i gave him one on his head by complete accident! We were having sex, i had to be quiet so i was kissing him and got a bit carried away.
    He does them on my boobs, and i'm one for low tops usually so i try to keep those to a minimum.

But as everyone says the feeling of your fella kissing/biting your neck is worth all the dirty looks and comments you might get!!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,618 Legendary Poster
    [FONT=&quot]If the hickey is painful, take acetaminophen and aspirin, otherwise known as Excedrin. Excedrin contains both acetaminophen and aspirin, and this is good for treating a hickey because it dulls the pain and the aspirin serves to keep blood platelets from adhering, thus reducing the amount of blood clots and easing the flow of subcutaneous blood (just beneath the skin). Don’t take this right away of course. Take this after the hickey has begun to heal.[/FONT]

Hi there,

Oh wow, how did you find this? This is over 14 years old ;) . @The Mix you might wanna close this one ;)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Off topic but I find that all the historical posts made by people I knew and chatted with daily for years now are just listed as posted by ‘Former Member’ :(
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Skive said:
    Off topic but I find that all the historical posts made by people I knew and chatted with daily for years now are just listed as posted by ‘Former Member’ :(
    Sadly so Skive :( 

If people didn't log in before a certain time they're accounts wouldn't of been carried over and i think they may have to make a new one :/

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks @independent_ - looks like that was a spam post so I've gone ahead and deleted it and closed this thread now. :smile:
    The truth resists simplicity.
This discussion has been closed.