Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Dad has recently got divorced, again!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I’ve spent the last few days looking for a present for my Dad. I was wondering if any of you could give me a hand. My Dad has recently got divorced, again! so I really want to cheer him up! Last year I ended up getting him a Jumper which I thought was really nice, but it didn’t go down too well. It’s his 50th this year and I want to get him something special. Dad’s favourite beer is Carling and he is a big fan of Liverpool football club.

So has anyone given any really decent 50th presents or have any good present ideas for someone of similar age? I had a look at the Carling shop, but not sure what he would like.

PS: I’m on a budget. So no, I can’t afford a two week holiday in the Bahamas.
:crying:

Comments

• Options
    think u`d get more replies in another section....anyways....

could ur budget stretch to a liverpool shirt with maybe his name on? Or maybe a ticket for a home game? Or just a LFC dvd and a crate of carling, perfect for a birthday night in :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Littleali wrote:
    think u`d get more replies in another section....anyways....

Yep - moved to relationships :)
  • Options
    Does he smoke? Buy him a packet of fags, thats what I'd want :yes:

But, knowing my Dad, I would just spend the day with him, maybe go out somewhere for Lunch, have a walk a chat.

My Dad likes Hat's also. Bobble hats :)
  • Options
    do you have any other siblings? could take him quadbiking if you got your cash together :p
  • Options
    buy him a card and wish him a happy birthday.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    buy him a card and wish him a happy birthday.
    its his 50th, i think she wants to get him summat a little more special :thumb:
  • Options
    I think I am just going to get him a Carling bar sign. I think it makes sense, as he does like drinking and hardly seems to go the pub now. Now he can have a pub in the living room, which I think will be good all round 

What you guys think of it? Decent?
    Bar sign

PS: He already has a Liverpool shirt… with a number 8 on the back ;)
  • Options
    Why is that link a link to the Carling Shop website and not a link to this 'bar sign'?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    its his 50th, i think she wants to get him summat a little more special :thumb:
    what could be more special than not buying socks for teh millionth time :thumb:
  • Options
    If your Dad's a big Liverpool fan then maybe he'd like a DVD of the CL win in 05. If he already has it then just watching it might cheer him up a bit.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    what could be more special than not buying socks for teh millionth time :thumb:
    i`d rather have socks than just a card :thumb: