Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mind stuff

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
I was talking to someone about trauma I been through, and he told me to move on. Is it tht simple or is he being a dh. I struggle with my mental health every day. Is it OK not to feel gd?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,019 Wise Owl
    It isn’t really as simple as just ‘moving on’ unfortunately. It’s totally fine to struggle and it makes sense especially when you’ve been through a lot. Big hugs <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    As much as we probably wish we could just 'move on' from the traumas of the past - it's often a challenge to do so, and understandably. It's part of the process to feel the emotions you feel, and if there are days where you don't feel good then that is okay. It's never really a straight line recovery from trauma, and there will be days that don't feel as good as others.

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    hello @ellie2000

It is okay to not feel okay. It is not as easy as just moving on. Everyone is different and certain events and traumas affects each individual differently. It is okay to not feel good on some days but fine on others. If you are really struggling with this, do you have anyone you can talk about your feelings to?
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    It's okay to feel whatever you feel. Unfortunately, some people don't understand trauma. They might not realise the different types of trauma and that what doesn't affect one person, might affect someone else. They also might not understand that even if things happened a long time ago, we may still struggle with the effects long after. It's not as simple as 'move on'.

It sounds like this person doesn't understand trauma. It might be a good idea to not talk to them about your trauma in case they don't understand and might make you feel upset. It's good to make sure that whoever you open up to about your trauma is someone that you trust and is someone that understands trauma.

It is possible to overcome trauma and to get to a point where it doesn't affect you so much. But how long it takes is different for each person. You'll get there though <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.