Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can't

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,088 Wise Owl
I can't cope with my heart getting constantly shattered, locked myself in my room on verge of tears. It's too much to cope with, I can't do it anymore. No one gets it, no one gets I get to attached so quickly. People just tear my heart to pieces. I can't do it. Just gonna cut everyone off 😭

People leave me constantly, I'm just a stupid problem that no one wants to deal with. It hurts, it fucking hurts πŸ’”
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    It must be difficult getting attached so quickly only to get hurt, especially if this seems to happen a lot to you. It's easy to think that you are a problem that no-one wants to deal with based on people leaving you but it doesn't mean it's true. Do you want to talk more about what's happened?

Sometimes people might not know or understand just how quickly we can get attached. Other times, people might have their own issues going on that mean they have to take a step back. Or sometimes it's just mismatch between communication and expectations.

Whatever the reason, being left can feel really painful and I understand why you might feel like resorting to cut everyone off. It's tempting because this way you can't get hurt again. But perhaps it's more about finding a balance instead? For example, when getting to know someone new, trying to slow things down so that you don't get too attached, but still allowing room for that attachment to grow when you can trust the person more? And perhaps finding and maintaining friendships/relationships with people we are compatible with so that we can be ourselves, even when that means being really attached to someone. By closing yourself off, you may miss out on other, more positive experiences.

Hope this helps a little and take care <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    knej23knej23 Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
    Hi @River we go through many relationships with people throughout life, naturally these people will feel permanent. So when they leave it feels like a part of yourself leaves too. It’s important not to blame ourselves as circumstances, feelings, intentions etc change and these are usually out of our control. Try not to distance yourself from people that do care about you. Instead, keep these relationships close :)