Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I’m tired of being so lonely

dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
I feel like I can’t relate to anyone and try to do things for people so we have things in common.
I’d buy things for people, feign interest and etc
I’ve thought long on hard about this and I’m just so lonely. Even in my family. So I have concluded that there is no God.
Most people in my family are religious and I’ve lost that connection with them. But I still pray at home with my mum.
I’m like a chameleon.
Wherever I go I change to suit that situation, just to feel that validation from someone.
I think this is the root cause of my fear of abandonment and lack of identity.
I hope things go well in university. But if not I don’t know what to do. I hate life atm. I just want to be accepted.
“Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”

Comments

• Options
    I hate myself . I’m so lonely. I
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @dyoverdx It sounds like things are quite difficult for you at the moment, I can empathise with feeling like you can't relate to anyone, it's quite isolating. I'm also going to be starting university so I'm in a similar boat to you.

Are you planning on joining any societies?

Hope things get better for you <3
  • Options
    @dyoverdx It sounds like things are quite difficult for you at the moment, I can empathise with feeling like you can't relate to anyone, it's quite isolating. I'm also going to be starting university so I'm in a similar boat to you.

Are you planning on joining any societies?

Hope things get better for you <3

I’m hoping to. I think this is nothing but a transition phase. I’ll meet people with similar interests to me and age too.

I’ve got my exams this June so I’m focussing on past papers.
    What about you?
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @dyoverdx, you're seen and heard. Thank you for sharing how you feel, it's a brave thing to do, and loneliness is not always an easy topic to talk about. It sounds like you've thought about this, and it's lovely to hear that you're making an effort to connect with people. That's important - even when the results don't always go the way you want.

Chances are that you're more likely to find people you can relate to at university - there's more people from all walks of life, and in time, I hope you can find you connect to some of them.

You mentioned that you change to suit the situation to gain validation. That's understandable, as we all may seek validation sometimes. I wonder if there's a situation, or group of people, that you've come across at some point in life where you felt you belonged naturally, without the need to change face? Or if there was a situation that could be suited to you, what would it look like?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @dyoverdx Hoping to join a lot of societies at the start of the year and then just go to the ones I enjoy. Thinking of joining the baking society, book club and psychology society.

Good luck on your exams! Mine is mid May
  • Options
    Azziman wrote: »
    I wonder if there's a situation, or group of people, that you've come across at some point in life where you felt you belonged naturally, without the need to change face? Or if there was a situation that could be suited to you, what would it look like?

I am completely honest about myself in this website which helps. Also when I have therapy I feel comfortable with sharing my inner thoughts.