Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Today in therapy

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
Was it useful to give the therapist a piece of paper of wat I wanted to talk about at the end of the session. Today we just talked about how the world was n relationships, healthy nd bad ones.
Was I avoiding the real issue?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    My last one knew I was suppressing stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 writing down things you want to cover sounds like a good idea. At least this way you wont forget things you wanted to bring up.
    If this is a new therapist it might take them a few more sessions to be able to understand you more. Eventually this therapist might be able to help work out thoughts you may be supressing. But try not to worry too much. Try to enjoy the process and give yourself credit. You are doing a great job. <3
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    hi @ellie2000 i would say writing things down is a great way to share what you would like to focus on without having to explain it, especially when therapy can be a little overwhelming <3 remember that it will take time to build a relationship with your therapist, but i really hope it all goes well and helps you!
    please let us know how it is going, we are all here for you <3
  • Options
    @ameliaJayne @nat_ how do u enjoy stuff without ur mind getting in the way?, coz last week I sat away from everyone I sat on the table away frm everyone writing. I'm goin out tomorrow and it's not hard like it used to b bc I don't hav to predict corners anymore 😀
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Themix helped me with tht too 😀
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to have time away from people and write. It can be really helpful. Just try your best to also set time aside for your friends and family. Even though this can be difficult you don't want to isolate yourself socially.

Just try your best and be kind to yourself. You are doing amazing! <3